Internal Auditor - permanent position
Robert Half is currently recruiting an (m/f) Internal Auditor to join an international services company for a permanent position in the Brussels region.
The company is located in the Brussels region and is active in the services industry.
Responsibilities of the Internal Auditor:
- You will familiarize with all applications and operational/finance procedures applied on store level enabling yourself to review compliance with the company's policies and procedures;
- You will fine-tune and automate/optimize the risk based field audit approach aligned with the business model in close collaboration with the different departments and the Internal Audit Manager;
- You will organise and execute field audits with the aim of providing oversight on the operations' compliance with policies and procedures, the follow up on action plans and earlier recommended structural improvements in respect of field risks and controls;
- You will develop risk oriented data analysis tools on the field systems with the aim of having an ongoing monitoring control set up within internal audit;
- You are involved in various projects regarding reviews and supporting analyses of operational processes as well as yearly SOX compliance reviews (e.g. Entity Level Controls, Information System audit) and due diligence reviews in case of potential acquisitions;
- You will add value to the business by identifying revenue and cost cutting potentials, and also by acting as a sounding board for any changes considered in terms of policies and procedures for field operations;
- You will provide on-boarding training for new District Managers (via field shadow audit) as well as for key corporate staff;
- You will support the Internal Audit Manager in developing the audit plan, the field audit methodology and in executing the field audits.
Required profile of the Internal Auditor:
- You hold a Master degree preferable in finance, business or accounting;
- You preferably have a 2 years auditing experience and/or related training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Operational auditing experience is considered a plus;
- You understand the company strategy and the strategic context of own work;
- You act as a change agent, "selling" and implementing change effectively;
- You are able to work independently;
- You actively seek opportunities for self-development and learning;
- You recognise commercial opportunities in own work as they arise;
- You proactively look for ways to increase customer satisfaction (being the auditees), and ensures a customer oriented attitude in the team;
- You shows awareness of and commitment to business performance targets in own job;
- You demonstrate market and business awareness in a broader area;
- You expresses yourself clearly and professionally, can influence customers using the available tools;
- You prioritise own tasks, complete work to deadlines and work independently;
- You promote co-operation within own team and between teams, and act as an example of effective teamwork;
- Fluent knowledge of English is required as well as a proficient knowledge of French and preferably also Dutch. Knowledge of any additional market's language is considered a plus;
- You have working knowledge of MS Office applications and an advanced level in Excel.
Interested in this position in a challenging international role? Apply today.