(SENIOR) SOFTWARE DEVELOPER(S) C++, JAVA AND/OR C#
As part of EVS' Broadcast Infrastructure Team you will maintain and develop a set of tools for interfacing with, configuring and controlling broadcast devices and broadcast workflows.
The (Senior) Software Engineer will take on the technical ownership of the delivery of one or more of these tools, including the design and the architecture of the tools, the implementation, optimization of the techniques, ... The (Senior) Software Engineer ensures the robustness, reliability, scalability, testability of all building blocks. He/She develops software modules and interfaces (API). Taking advantage of his/her experience, he/she drives the different steps of the development process: analysis, technical specification, design, development, unit testing, technical documentation and maintenance. The (Senior) Software Engineer is able to work closely with peers in a fast paced dynamic environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
• Take the lead in the Software delivery process (only for Senior position)
• Analyze and review product requirements, and discuss technical feasibility
• Build technical design proposals
• Develop new software components or modify existing ones
• Participate to peer code reviews
• Plan, define and perform unit testing
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Integrate individual software components developed by yourself and others members of the development team
• Solve defects reported in the defect tracking system
• Maintain existing applications
• Identify risks and discuss them with the Quality Control department for building adequate test plans
• Make work estimates for the tasks assigned to you
• Plan, track and report your daily work and your assigned tasks to your direct manager
• Follow the EVS software development process (Source Control Management, Defect Tracking, Coding Rules, Continuous Integration)
• Identify and propose process improvements
• Coach and guide junior team members (only for Senior position)
• At least 10 years of relevant experience (only for Senior position)
• Master degree in Engineering or Computer Science, preferably a university degree.
• Experience of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
• Experience with distributed environments is an asset.
• Experience with protocols, http, rest, json, ... is an asset.
• Knowledge of both Linux (CentOS) and Windows is an asset
• Knowledge of the broadcast industry is an asset.
• Achieves high quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
• Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
• Focus on quality, detail minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
• Open for changes and continuous learning
• Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
• Shows initiative, is curious, and communicates well about initiatives
• Fluent in French and English
You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits.