Executive Assistant for Legal & Compliance
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company, committed to developing chemistry that adresses key societal challenges. Solvay innovates and partners with customers in diverse global end markets. Its products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Its lightweight materials enhance cleaner mobility, its formulations optimize the use of resources and its performance chemicals improve air and water quality. Solvay is headquartered in Brussels with around 27,000 employees in 58 countries. Net sales were €10.9 billion in 2016, with 90% from activities where Solvay ranks among the world's top 3 leaders. Solvay S.A. (SOLB.BE) is listed on Euronext Brussels and Paris.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced assistant to provide general legal administrative support for our Corporate Legal & Compliance Function, reporting to the Head Legal Belgium & Regulatory Sr. Lawyer, but working in close collaboration for and with the other lawyers and members of the Legal Department.
Within the secretarial team of the Legal Department, you will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Proactive maintenance of the agenda and organization of related activities (organization of internal and external meetings, travels, preparation of meeting rooms and conference calls)
- Handling telephone calls
- General secretarial tasks (follow-up of expense reports and invoices, coordination and support for the encoding of requests for leave of the team, office coordination)
- Preparing documents and presentations (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Drafting of letters, emails and contracts: typing, making adjustments and corrections, transcribing notes and answers
- Providing general legal administrative support
- Assisting in corporate housekeeping
- Filing and archiving of documents and maintenance of files, management of the contract and other databases
- Follow up on signing of contracts and other legal documents
In addition to the tasks listed above, the assistant might have the opportunity to be involved in different projects.
- You have a bachelor degree (administrative, executive assistant or similar orientation).
- You have at least 10 years of experience as a management assistant, experience in a law firm or legal department is a plus.
- You are fluent in English, French & Dutch, written and spoken.
- You are a real team player and have an open and diplomatic communication style.
- You show commitment to your responsibilities and can organize yourself taking into account demanding needs.
- You handle sensitive data with discretion and judgment.
- You can prioritize with demanding needs and are very well organized. You are flexible in work schedule.
- You are eager to learn and can easily adapt to a changing organization.
- Fixed contract, full time.
Only applications through the online application form will be considered! (You will receive a confirmation via email.) Technical issue? Contact the IT helpdesk on + 32 2 738 02 60.