Mechelen – SEAFRIGO (www.seafrigo.com) is an independent family group which was founded in 1976 in France. Seafrigo developed a unique expertise in the area of food logistics: ambient and cold storage, perishable sea, air, and road freight, quality control and analysis, packaging and port drayage. Over the years, Seafrigo has expanded their offer, know-how and geographical coverage in order to ensure an optimal service and get the best control over all crucial stages. The group is driven by teams of professionals in order to ensure optimal satisfaction to customers. Thanks to a global integration of the various activities, an international network consisting of offices, own warehouses and privileged partnerships with specialized local firms, Seafrigo is able to provide tailor-made solutions. In order to support this growth the time has come for Seafrigo to open their first warehouse in the Benelux, so Seafrigo Belgium is looking for a
Operational excellence | Groupage | Import & Export | LCL
• You are the overall responsible of the first-ever Seafrigo warehouse in the Benelux. You are responsible for the start-up, the growth, the overall management and operations of the warehouse.
• You oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a range of ambient and temperature-controlled products.
• You manage a vital part of the supply chain process and you oversee the planned maintenance of machinery, vehicles and other equipment.
• You have a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
• You liaise with customers, suppliers, transport companies and with different Seafrigo offices.
• You keep stock control systems up-to-date and make sure inventories are accurate. You report on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and you plan future capacity requirements.
• You motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to make sure productivity and budgetary targets are met or exceeded. You recruit and train staff and monitor their performance and progress.
• You are responsible for workplace health and safety standards as well as the security of the building and stock.
• You report to the Managing director in Belgium and the Executive Manager of the Group for the Benelux area.
• You have 5 – 10 years of experience as a warehouse manager preferably in a cold store, and/or you are familiar with ambient and perishable foodstuffs.
• You have 5 – 10 years of experience with groupage | LCL in both import and export.
• You have proven experience in people management.
• You are used to working with warehouse managing systems.
• You have excellent Dutch and English communication skills, all other languages are a plus.
• You have extraordinary organisational and analytical skills.
• An ambitious all-round warehouse manager with a hands-on mentality
• Motivated by growing businesses
Seafrigo offers you
• The opportunity to transform the warehouse into a brand new Seafrigo warehouse.
• An open team, where team spirit and interpersonal skills are key.
• The opportunity to work for a fast-growing international company with a good reputation.
• A competitive salary package.
Contact details Mercuri Urval: ref. BE-03816 – tel. +32 (0)3 281 15 50 – www.mercuriurval.com