Do you want to leverage your experience in procurement in consulting? Our customer offers autonomy, the opportunity to work with customers on C-level, and have a real impact, while respecting work-life balance.
Our customer is an independent advisory firm assisting organizations with high-end added value services. They assist their clients with strategic, as well as operational services, in the fields of controlling, treasury, corporate finance and procurement.
As Procurement Consultant you will thrive within fast-paced and evolving environments - both within your own firm and the clients they work with. The majority of your work will be client facing, project-based and while no two clients are the same, typical projects might include:
- Overall Procurement Transformation
- P2P and Procurement Operations transformation/improvement/ implementation
- Operating Model design and implementation including Capability assessment and uplift
- Category Transformation - development and implementation of business-aligned category strategies
- Supplier Management, Supplier Development and Strategic Relationship optimization programs
- Management and delivery of key strategic sourcing projects
- Risk management, responsible procurement and sustainability initiatives
As the work of Procurement Consultant is largely industry-agnostic so clients will be from a wide variety of industries. You will require the experience and confidence to work as a single point of contact within a client engagement or as part of a consulting team. Whilst the focus of the role will be primarily client delivery, you will also be involved with sales/business development as required.
- You have one or more university degrees or similar in the field of economics, business administration or engineering
- You have 1 to 3 years of workingexperience in procurement and/or sourcing
- You have an entrepreneurial drive, likechallenges and are willing to travelabroad
- You are flexible and stress resistant team playerable to workindependently
- You have the potential and ambition to grow in procurement experience and in commercial flair
- You are client focused
- You can demonstrate good oral and written communication skills in English, and at least one of the following languages: Dutch, French and German
Appreciated knowledge areas:
- Data analysis and reporting Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process and tools
- Supply chain Sourcing (e.g. supplier management, negotiation techniques, contract review)
- Specificities of indirect purchase categories (e.g. utilities, telecom, IT, fleet)
- Procurement strategy, business transformation
This Procurement Consultant job is an opportunity for you to join a small company staffed with people who are world-class in their field.
In this environment, you will get a lot of responsibility and ownership, which will mean your development will be faster than in a typical larger consultancy firm. Next, while some flexibility is necessary to visit customers and occasionally spend time abroad, work-life balance is also important to the company.