Network Leisure Coordination Manager
Responsible to coordinate in a holistic approach all activities within Brussels Airlines related to the strategic partnership with tour operator Thomas Cook. Is single point of contact both within the company and towards Thomas Cook across all management levels to ensure a proper fulfilment of Brussels Airlines contractual obligations, to drive the financial business case and to guarantee SN a maximum overall benefit out of the partnership.
- Organizes strategic (SteerCo) and regular operational/commercial meetings, prepares necessary documentation, facilitates interaction, documents actions and ensures follow-up. Participates in all meetings and communication related to cooperation with Tour Operator;
- Coordinates within Network department all commercial and operational input related to Thomas Cook production in order to ensure Thomas Cook’s fulfilment of contractual production obligations and calculates required seat price adjustments;
- Coordinates within wider Commercial department (mainly with Sales and Revenue Management) the adjustment of Thomas Cook’s allotment requirements according to available contractual mechanisms in order to optimize the results of the total flight (Flight Only + Tour Operator) and follows through on all contractual implications.
- Collects information and reports from all functional areas related to Thomas Cook partnership and prepares integrated performance reports for management and Tour Operator. Follows-up internal business case and budget together with program controller;
- Coordinates with Long-Term and Short-Term Scheduling operational requirements linked to Thomas Cook production. Ensures implementation of operational improvement initiatives and actions, especially related to contractually determined performance standards;
- Responsible for drafting and executing seasonal contracts and required adaptations to the main Commercial Service Agreement;
- Delivers analysis, concepts and business cases related to Thomas Cook leisure business on request of direct and senior management. Initiates and coordinates projects related to enhancement and further development of the strategic partnership;
- Reports to the Head of Short-Term Scheduling, Leisure Coordination & Charter.
- Minimum Bachelor degree (business management, finance, etc.);
- Airline experience (Network Planning/Scheduling, Operational) is beneficial as well as project management experience;
- Strong analytical skills (analysis of profitability, pricing policy, business cases…);
- Positive commercial customer contact and good communication skills;
- Organisational competence and accuracy;
- Hands-on & enthusiastic attitude;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications (mainly Excel).