Section Leader Engineering - Systems & Avionics
Coach & lead RSE’s in the Systems and Avionics Engineering Section, responsible for the implementation and follow up of CAMO activities & projects with focus on timing and budget. Efficient & effective planning of the required resources, with a well-organized & structured team you implement a policy to realize the department objectives and follow up through a dashboard, visualizing the Section KPI’s.
- Fully responsible for the follow up, assistance, prioritisation of daily in service operational problems requiring engineering preventive actions & support . Your team will be in charge to solve technical problems on a long term basis with manufacturers & implement action plans/modifications to achieve uncompromised operational Safety, Regularity & Punctuality goals. Use Reliability Report as a tool to measure Maintenance Program efficiency.
- Provide technical guidance and support to ensure the highest quality output is produced, provide technical direction to ensure the section performs effectively according to sound engineering principles, practices, procedural standards and regulatory requirements.
- Effective interface communication with manufacturers, vendors, authorities and internal Brussels Airlines' departments to ensure objectives are achieved and costs contained within budget.
- Implement & support company policies by functioning as the intermediary between senior Management & engineers, working closely with the engineering manager.
- Use your People Management competences to optimize allocation of resources and get the best out of the engineers, lead, coach & evaluate them to become experts. Distribute the critical technical knowledge across more individuals. (ref AOG support,…).
- You have dedicated responsibility to apply correctly the technical part & manage the financial side of MRO contracts for Landing Gear shop visit & Component modifications
- Master in Aeronautical Science or equivalent by experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with engineering activities within the applicable domain
- Be an expert in the applicable engineering section
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word, excel, PPT)
- Fluent verbal & written in English, knowledge French and/or Dutch
- Communication & Presentation skills
- People management, feedback & coaching skills, leaderships skills
- Stress resistance, be able to handle different activities at same time, flexible
- Administrative skills, well organized, strong analytical and reasoning capabilities