Chief Scientific Officer (CSO)
iTeos Therapeutics (www.iteostherapeutics.com) is focused on expanding the benefits of immunotherapy for cancer patients by developing a proprietary pipeline of small molecules targeting A2A and STING as well as antibodies for TIGIT immune checkpoint. iTeos Therapeutics has licensed its IDO1 program, currently in Phase 1 development, to Pfizer.
iTeos Therapeutics’ competitive edge is in the combination of expertise in drug discovery, translational tumor immunology and early clinical trial design. The company uses a unique platform to identify rational combinations of immunotherapies and novel targets.
iTeos Therapeutics offers a culturally-diverse English-speaking work environment in the heart of Europe, in Belgium, 60 km south of Brussels and few hours away from Europe’s capital cities.
iTeos Therapeutics has the ambition and the resources to grow to a worldwide class and enter clinical development for its exclusively owned programs by 2018. To support his exciting and maturing portfolio, we are hiring a (m/f):
Chief Scientific Officer (CSO)
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative leader for the role of Chief Scientific Officer, reporting to the CEO. In this role, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the scientific strategy for novel immune therapy small molecules and antibodies. You lead projects from concept to clinical stage developments.
You efficiently manage the company’s scientific team (~30 people in a matrix organisation), including screening, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, tumor immunology and translational science groups.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Work as a member of the executive management team to ensure cross-organization communication of corporate objectives.
- Provide strategic scientific leadership to the company and its portfolio.
- Develop the overall scientific vision and lead the strategic planning, decision-making, and risk assessment processes to deliver quality outcomes.
- Ensure the cross functional alignment within project teams and with corporate goals.
- Manage the scientific teams and partners: resources, skills, motivation and results.
- Promote innovation, responsibility and high productivity.
- Represent the company to internal and external stakeholders, including board presentation, investors and scientific conferences.
- PhD or MD/PhD in immunology, tumor biology or closely related field.
- Expert in immuno-oncology, drug discovery/development and pre-clinical research.
- Prior experience preparing and filing CTAs/INDs.
- 20+ years’ experience in the biotech/pharma industry.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Significant contributor in innovative research in immunology and/or oncology.
- Prior experience in leading a successful science driven team.
- Rigorous, detail-oriented, autonomous, committed and flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A strategic and leading position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- To work in a collegial, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- The opportunity to take part in a challenging scientific and business growth.
- High visibility inside the company, in the biotech/pharma and the scientific world.
- An attractive salary package in line with the responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.