Manager of Financial Studies
Vecturis S.A., a Belgian railway management firm focused on the African market, is seeking a Manager of Financial Studies with an entrepreneurial mindset and a solid understanding of project finance to hold a position including supervisory and administrative responsibilities
This full-time position will be based at our headquarters in the French-speaking suburbs of Brussels. We are a small and dynamic team which, for more than 20 years, has been passionately dedicated to the development and management of railway networks in developing parts of the world, mainly the African continent. Although our focus is on the management of railways (under contract with a concession holder or the owner of the infrastructure), we also provide consulting services (notably bank due diligence) on a case-by-case basis. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to both types of activity. Within those two categories, your responsibilities will include, in descending order of importance:
- Financial modelling of railway business operations;
- Drafting of reports and presentations of excellent quality, primarily in English;
- Economic and financial project viability assessment;
- Daily supervision and disciplined coordination of a small number of other team members who may be in the same office or in another country;
- Administration of service contracts and approval of contractor timesheets and invoices; and
- Business development work.
The position is permanent and will be covered by a local Belgian labour contract. (CDI = contrat à durée indéterminée) Preference will be given to candidates of European nationality but no nationality will be excluded from consideration.
The start date will be as soon as possible. Candidates unable to become operational before 1 August 2018 due to any personal or professional considerations may find this position unsuitable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate finance, economics, or financial consulting
- Appropriate degree(s) in finance, economics, accounting, business administration, etc.
- Proven ability to perform financial and economic analyses and to present the results in structured and persuasive formal reports
- High level of English proficiency (native speaker would be a plus)
- At least one additional language, which shall be either French or Portuguese
- A desire to travel, particularly on the African continent, for up to 1 month at a time, with visits of 1 or 2 weeks being more typical
- A desire to broaden one’s horizons, to learn new skills, and to contribute actively to the work of a small company
- Competent in the use of MS Office tools, primarily Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- Experience in railway management or another mode of intercity transportation
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in the operational environment, particularly in the private sector
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to act on one’s own initiative
- Experience and/or formal training in project management (PMP)
- A demonstrated ability to contribute directly to the review and/or drafting of legal agreements and contracts
- A well-developed network of pertinent contacts within the railway industry
How to contact us:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter via POSTULER. Please put the words “Application – Manager of Financial Studies” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Postulez à l’offre: Manager of Financial Studies
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Administration / Secrétariat | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Administration générale | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Finance / Comptabilité | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Accounting Manager | Transport | Non communiqué
- Offres | Administration financière | Transport | Non communiqué