Software Engineer/ Analyst
AXA Group is a world leader in financial protection. We support and advise our individual and corporate customers providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs. As a worldwide leader, AXA is present in 64 countries with 4,300 employees in Belgium.
Our purpose is to empower people to live a better life. We make that possible embracing diversity and through our everyday values at work, which are: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
At AXA we realize the world is changing. We consciously choose to work more efficiently (New Way of working is part of our DNA), simply and digitally. For that reason we are investing in the training and development of our employees, in a culture of innovation, inclusion and trust.
Our 450 IT specialists in Belgium secure the IT environment, support our 638 applications and are key in the introduction and the deployment of new applications enhancing digitalization. They follow best market standards and practices, deploy applications to private and public Cloud solutions and transform data into values. We work in Agile teams focused on collaboration and exchange in order to achieve a successful product delivery.
You’ll start in a job rotation mode enabling you to discover the different domains and technologies. On top, you’ll have the opportunity to build and extend your network working with different teams. Afterwards you’ll be assigned as a Software Engineer/ Analyst (DevSecOps) to your team taking into account your affinities. You’ll be in charge of the full engineering life cycle going from analysis over technical design to development.
As such, you:
- understand the business and architecture requirements;
- create and develop well designed and structured solutions;
- build reusable code and libraries for future use inside AXA;
- ensure high quality, performant and scalable product deliveries;
You’ll have the opportunity to work with different technology stacks (.NET, JAVA, Angular, ESB). On top, you take care of the security aspects, the automated testing, the operations and the maintenance of the web applications and services you manage.
As a Junior Software Engineer/ Analyst, you have at least:
- A Master or Bachelor degree in IT or in Sciences with a strong interest for IT;
- A good command of English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of one of the common Object Oriented programming languages ( Java, C#, … );
- Knowledge of at least one of the common application hosting frameworks ( Java, .NET, NodeJS, … ).
And you also are:
- An excellent team player with a positive mind set;
- A good analyser and problem solver;
- Customer oriented and you have an eye for the user experience.
What’s in IT for you?
From your first day, you will enjoy intensive training and support. As soon as you are able to work autonomously, flexible working arrangements will become available to assist you in achieving a good balance between work and personal life.
We shall supplement your salary with interesting advantages using a self-service model. You will therefore make up your remuneration yourself by choosing from a range of options: mobility advantages, reductions on our banking and insurance products, child-minding during school holidays, etc. You will enjoy group insurance, disability and hospitalisation insurance and accident cover.
On top, AXA organizes a vast range of activities enabling you to stay healthy.
And, of course, you will work with charming colleagues in a pleasant atmosphere.