The IIA Global is a professional association which encompasses more than 185.000 internal auditors in 170 countries and territories around the world. IIA Belgium is one of those 170 countries and has over 1.600 members.
IIA Belgium represents the internal audit practitioners in Belgium and promotes the internal auditing profession towards all stakeholders. All members are appropriately trained in the fundamentals of internal auditing and the new auditing areas and new regulations. Internal auditors are recognized in their organization as the independent assurance provider and specialist in governance, internal controls and risk management.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As the CEO of IIA Belgium, you are responsible for:
- Creating, enhancing and implementing, together with the Board of Directors, a vision for the future of IIA Bel as the professional reference for audit in Belgium, not operating in an ivory tower, with great outreach to wide audiences
- Overseeing agenda-setting and spotting opportunities in relevant business areas where the Institute can help make a difference and improve our recognition as a thought leader
- Promoting and expanding the impact of the Institute and the audit profession by increasing the number of members and by representing our institute on conferences and related platforms
- Timely managing relationships with IIA Global, with CEOs of other IIA local Institutes, the Board of Directors, and internally with the team
- Directing and attending the different committees in a structured way towards an improved and competitive service delivery, excellent training, enhanced quality, and innovative techniques and methodologies
- Executing the Board of Directors’ and Executive Committee’s decisions
- Leading and motivating the staff in setting objectives and priorities, keeping them enthusiastic and stimulating them in taking initiatives and taking a pro-active client orientated work approach
- Taking full responsibility for setting the annual budget, leading the various fundraising initiatives, contract management, coordination of regular budget controls and adjustments, providing for reliable financial information and keeping the organisation in good financial health
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very good understanding of internal audit and internal control with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience and audit or other relevant certification
- Excellent networker with good social skills and an inspiring public speaker
- Talented negotiator
- Creative thinker with an open mindset and able to think out-of-the-box
- Good people manager with strong modern leadership capacities with empathy and interpersonal skills to inspire and navigate the staff and the committees
- Accurate financial and office supervision manager able to lead and supervise administrative & financial processes (project planning, reporting needs, HRM management etc.)
- Effective leadership, being impartial in its actions and conducting the business affairs of the organisation in good faith and with accountability, competence, due diligence, fairness, honesty, integrity, transparency and reasonability
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch. Other languages are an asset
- Attractive salary, bonuses and other advantages
Please send in your detailed CV and motivation letter with your vision on the future role of our institute to:
Koningsstraat 109-111, box 5,
and this before 8th of April 2018.
After a first CV screening, suitable candidates will be invited for a short assessment and interview.