Head of Legal Belgium & Netherlands
Our client is looking for a Head of Legal for the region Belgium & Netherlands.
Our client is a multinational operating in the engineering and technology sectors.
The Head of Legal will be responsible for:
- Providing legal and strategic advice to both the business units and the management (i.e., the local managing directors).
- Working closely with the business, being pragmatic and solution oriented
- Identify risks and bring solutions
- Managing different external actors (unions, regulators, external counsels, etc.);
- Managing a team of a 3 legal counsels in their daily activities:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and other contracts.
- Providing labor law and social security law to the business in close cooperation with the Finance and HR departments,
- Ensuring compliance with company policy, including applicable laws and regulatory standards
- The Head of Legal will be reporting to both the Group General Counsel and the Group CFO.
As Head of Legal, you fit the following requirements:
- Master in Law
- At least 10 years of experience in a well-known law firm and/or in a private company
- Fluency in French, Dutch and English;
- Experience in people management
- Soft skills: flexible, realistic and resistant to a stressing and challenging environment;
- Pragmatic and business oriented
- A fast growing company environment and grow possibilities
- A strategic position with daily contact with the executive management
- An international and very dynamic environment
- An attractive salary package