GREENPEACE BELGIUM IS LOOKING FOR AN
Greenpeace stands for positive change through action. It defends the natural world and promotes peace. It investigates, exposes and confronts environmental abuse by governments and corporations around the world. It champions responsible and socially just solutions, including scientific and technical innovation. Its goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity.
Greenpeace Belgium seeks an individual with an unshakeable commitment to its core values. The new Executive Director will lead Greenpeace Belgium at the forefront of environmentalism to enhance its position as an active catalyst for positive responses to global environmental threats.
Greenpeace attaches a lot of importance to equal opportunities, that’s why we put qualities of people first, irrespective of their gender, origin, age or disability.
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic direction to the organisation in accordance with Greenpeace’s core values and purpose and in co-operation with Greenpeace International.
- Be responsible for the management and administration of Greenpeace Belgium and work with the board to ensure proper governance and accountability.
- Manage and lead the management team in order to enable the staff to fulfil their responsibility and the overall success and performance of the organisation.
- Ensure that Greenpeace Belgium plays a key role in developing Greenpeace International’s campaign programme and makes the best possible contribution to the organisation’s international objectives.
- Lead and inspire all members of staff and volunteers and work with the Board to ensure proper governance and accountability.
- Have a successful track record of inspirational leadership at a senior level within a complex organization.
- Display substantial experience of campaigning, advocacy and success in generating change.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of regional, national and global politics and the ability to influence those in positions of commercial and political power.
- Assure an unquestionable personal integrity.
- Show excellent command of English and at least one of the two national languages (French or Flemish) and good command of the other or willingness to improve
Interested in this job offer?
We invite you to consult a detailed job description on our website via POSTULER, where you will also learn more about the application procedure.