Offre d'emploi : Deputy General Counsel
Our client, a multinational company headquartered in Belgium, is looking for a Deputy General Counsel.
Our client is a multinational company operating in the real estate and customer services sector.
The Deputy General Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and be primarily focused on securities law and, in parallel, will assume all functions of planning, organizing and monitoring legal activities across all countries where our client operates, including:
- Manage a team of 2 senior legal counsels in reviewing contracts or procedures in the different countries and assisting in creating standard contracts and procedures, comparing specific issues of law in the various countries; this covers issues such as real estate purchase (or company purchase), building & environment permit issues, construction contracts, contractual disputes (e.g. warranties), mergers and acquisitions, and litigation.
- Counsel the operational and other departments and participate in the negotiation process with e.g. suppliers, contractors and other counterparties
- Develop and maintain excellent and open professional relationships between the legal department and other departments
- Build and maintain such a degree of visibility and presence within our client's organization that the business leaders, the executive management and the Board know how to find you and actually seek your advice on all matters of concern to them.
- Handle relationships with outside suppliers of legal services. Negotiating rates, discounts and challenging invoices are part of that responsibility.
- Handle and support projects such the real estate transactions (buy, finance and build) and also projects which are closer to the operations.
- Handle disputes and support external counsel if these disputes evolve in litigation. You decide on the actions and actively seek early solutions to disputes, making a clear risk reward analysis, before disputes take their own course.
- Assist in developing, reviewing and maintaining the company's internal insurance portfolio.
- Manage ad hoc legal issues together with the General Counsel.
- He/she will report to the General Counsel and will be in daily contact with the executive management as well as the local markets and the shareholders.
A Master's degree in Law is mandatory.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of relevant experience with both reputable international law firms and solid in house commercial experience.
- IPO experience and/or experience with a publicly listed company is required.
- Knowledge of contract law and real estate is considered a strong asset.
- Translates the company strategy or a given strategic direction to team.
- Shows flexibility and is open to change.
- Actively seeks opportunities for self-development and learning.
- Proactively looks for ways to increase customer satisfaction, and ensures a customer oriented attitude in the team.
- Shows awareness of and commitment to business performance targets in own job.
- Demonstrates market and business awareness in a broader area.
- Effectively influences others and gains collaboration by persuasive two-way communications.
- Prioritises own and team's work, is decisive and takes initiative beyond call of duty.
- Promotes co-operation within own team and between teams, and acts as an example of effective teamwork.
- Mother tongue or 'native' level of English.
- Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
You are open and flexible to travel.
- International environment
- People management and exposure to the executive management
- Long-term grow possibilities
- Attractive salary package