Strategic Analyst & Forecasting - Transportation industry
In order to improve the quality of its forecasts, my client is looking for an experienced Data Scientist - forecasting to join its Marketing strategic planning team based in Brussels.
My client is the world's largest transportation company, providing fast and reliable delivery with more than 350.000 employees in 220 countries and territories. It uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date with a money-back guarantee.
The team is in charge of strategic planning for my client all over Europe. Its demand forecasts are used throughout the company for many things:
- Plan capacity of the network (air, ground, delivery fleet) in the short & long term;
- Build the expense plan set targets to the sales team and set regional targets;
As Data Scientist - Forecasting you have a thorough and scientific experience of the models and methods used in Forecasting. You will be responsible for:
- Understanding the logical and mathematical elements of the models and their implications in the forecasting exercises;
- Determining the fit of the various models for various purposes including their specific risks and limitations;
- Focusing on quality and disseminating this focus in the team;
- Acting as a technical and scientific advisor for the analysts performing the forecasting, helping to appropriately select models, interpret results and statistics about models fit and predictions;
- Reviewing forecasting exercises to identify weaknesses and improvement opportunities;
- Supporting your peers in the sound use of technology for forecasting;
- Developing own forecasting models when standard libraries are not sufficiently adequate;
- Utilising data acquisition, modelling and visualisation techniques to feed and improving your forecasting models;
- Master degree/Ph.D. in the field of Statistics, applied mathematics, computer sciences. MBA is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in statistical modelling used in forecasting
- Comfortable in modern programming language (SAS programming is a big plus)
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Ability to explain complex analytic concepts to non-experts
- Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English
- Prior experience in a business planning, business analysis or strategic planning function is a plus
My client offers a competitive salary package in line with your experience. Moreover you will be part of some career development programs that he offers employees nice perspectives of evolution within the company.