English-speaking Executive assistant with experience
Our client is a European organisation active in the Chemical sector liaising several european organisations in industrial projects (engineering, manufacture, etc).
For one of our client, a European organisation active in the chemical sector, we are looking for an Executive Management Assistant. You will be in charge of the overall office management, the administration, logistics and financial issues related to all the activities of the Association, the full management of membership planning and support, and the scheduling and organization of meetings of the Executive Director and with our members and stakeholders. You will work directly with the Executive Director and in collaboration with the team of our office. You will also participate and organise our communication events and will collaborate with the Communication Assistant in a number of tasks related to communication and dissemination.
ADMINISTRATION & FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Management of the office (budget, staff issues, training, paperwork…) in collaboration with the Executive Director;
- General secretarial management (organise meetings, manage calendars, take draft notes, preparation of minutes, etc.);
- Assist the Executive Director in general financial management including preparation of the annual budget forecast, control of expenses and preparing financial reports for the European projects the Association participates in.
- Dealing with members and other stakeholders (mail, telephone, in meetings)
- Manage relation with providers: setting –up, follow-up of contracts and invoices payment
- Organise and maintain contacts data base
- Organise and maintain centralized filing systems (on line and off line)
- Handle membership invoices and maintain accurate records for membership database;
- Dealing with the communication and information with potential new members and with current members;
- Elaborate stats and reports on membership
MEETINGS AND COMMUNICATION:
- Manage the organization of workshops, meetings and events (e.g. logistics and communications to stakeholders and invited speakers; organisation of the regular meetings with our Board of Directors and Advisory Board, etc.);
- Operate A.SPIRE internal tools e.g. SPIRE Knowledge Platform;
- Support in communication campaigns, such as newsletters, press releases, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree on administration or business management; or professional secretarial studies.
- A master on international relations would be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in administration or other field related to this position
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages are an asset;
- Very good writing skills;
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and MS Office (Word, Excel);
- Knowledge of CMS, blogging, data analytics tools and social media campaigns is an asset;
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and experience within the European context in Brussels will be highly considered.
- Should be well organised, flexible, open-minded and highly capable of multi-tasking.
- Proactive, able to work autonomously and to take full responsibility of assigned tasks in short time
- A team player with real social and communication skills and good at multi-tasking in a collaborative and helpful spirit
- Ready to work with us in a small team and also with our members and other stakeholders, with whom you will exchange a lot of e-mails and phone calls.
Salary and Benefits
at our client, we really enjoy working together in a good, happy and positive team spirit. You will be integrated in a dynamic, stimulating and challenging work environment. You will work in a cross-sectorial, innovative and international setting focusing on future-oriented services.
We offer a contract until June 2018 with the possibility of extension for 2 years.