Our client is looking for a Company Lawyer to reinforce the European Legal Team based in Ghent.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company headquartered in Belgium
The European legal team, based in Gent, is looking for a new Legal Counsel providing high-quality legal services to several companies of the company's group in Belgium and the Netherlands. Our client' legal services cover different areas of business law, including contract law, tort law, intellectual property, environmental law, corporate law, competition law, etc. and take place in an international environment.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- Be the business partner of multiple other functions and identify jointly with them risks and opportunities, analyse the options and launch pragmatic solutions and alternatives.
- Provide legal support such as legal advices and drafting contracts, both related to national and international topics;
- Protect and defend business interest in third party disputes, develop strategy and assess any settlement option;
- Join internal business meetings and, when appropriate, negotiation with third parties;
- Coordinate with external law firms and liaise with the business;
- Ensure compliance policies and procedures;
- Develop and update contract templates;
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory and law changes;
- Collaborate with other Legal team members and exchange on best practices;
- Identify which legal trainings are needed to help the business partners, develop training material and conduct the legal trainings to the business;
- Report to the General Counsel (Cluster Head Belgium & the Netherlands).
- You own a Master degree in Law;
- You have obtained a relevant experience of minimum 5 years as an attorney, company lawyer or a similar position;
- You are passionate about analyzing and solving complex legal issues;
- You have a flexible, open and pragmatic mindset and you are fully solution oriented;
- You are eager to learn on the job and to accept new challenges and projects;
- You like to work in a team and you are convinced that regular and effective communication is key;
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
- You will be based in Ghent, but open to travel in Belgium (and occasionally abroad).
- An international and stimulating working environment with highly skilled and inspiring colleagues-business partners and where technology and innovation are key pillars and contribute to our client's values of Sustainability, Quality and Leadership
- Various career opportunities inside the European legal team or in other functions where the legal experience can enrich other teams;
- High focus on personal development, knowledge exchanges, continuous improvement and teamwork;
- An attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits