Technical Program Manager (EMEA), Data Centre Construction Google
Technical Program Manager (EMEA)
Data Centre Construction Google
Infrastructure technique Saint-Ghislain, Belgium
Like our users, Google's projects span the globe. We need managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face every day. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary construction projects that require extensive engineering and project management expertise. Working with internal customers, you will plan and oversee projects from start to finish. This includes managing project internal and external team members, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in project development with engineers.
In this role, you will be deeply involved in every aspect of the tactical and strategic operations of growing our global fleet of Data Centers. You'll partner with our local and regional facility managers and plant engineers, as well as our design and construction teams, to develop creative and scalable solutions. You will provide leadership and management for the team delivering large-scale data centers, computer farms, networking, AC power distribution/conversion and cooling methods at multiple scales.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage site-wide data center construction and delivery organization, managing scopes related to construction projects and/or large capital improvement projects.
- Be responsible for developing detail designs, construction, successful commissioning, close-out and hand-off to operations. Ensure all customer demands are being met.
- Establish and maintain delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors measuring goals.
- Create a growth plan and be involved in hiring/recruiting of talent in the areas of project management, field engineering, document control, technical writing, etc.
- Research and implement construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities. Carry design concepts into mass production and integrate into facilities.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Construction Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in people management, specifically managing teams.
- Experience managing multi-group, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Construction Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience working with data center equipment/environments (including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems), with an understanding of start up/commissioning processes.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, with an understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- Knowledge of large-scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- Effective skills in requirement gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving goals.