EDITORIAL WRITER /JOURNALIST (Think tank company)
Our client is a company located in the European centre in Brussels (Belgium). The company employs 80 people (highly intellectual environment) and has to be considered as a business catalyst in Europe for European industries and consumers and has 43 members (countries, experts from the industries, etc).
Through their services they provide platforms for the development of European Standards and other technical specs. Since the continuous growth of the company they are looking for a new colleague to strengthen its System Intelligence & Communication unit
This job is for a permanent contract in Belgium (Belgian contract)
We are looking for an EDITORIAL WRITER /JOURNALIST to join the External Relations Department located in Brussels. This position will report to the Communication manager
You will be part of the System Intelligence & Communication Unit for the development and production of corporate and promotional communication elements (brochures, images, logo, website, CCMC Publications) and for the processing and channelling of data and information related to European standardization into value-add content for the company customers;
It is also the ‘public" face of the company by answering general queries from the public, media and members from around the world.
Finally, it supports the visibility of the Company and of standardization achievements and deliverables
You will be responsible for all editorial activities of the Unit in order to ‘promote" the company to a wide audience
- Planning the content of digital media communication materials and printed publications in accordance with the company"s style guide and editorial policy.
- Overseeing and managing the entire publication production process from concept to final product, and distribution whenever relevant (e.g. annual reports, work programmes, sectorial brochures...).
- Drafting, writing and authoring all texts/articles for the different communication channels.
- Editing, revising and re-writing texts making them more appealing and understandable by the intended target audiences.
- Ensuring the collection or gathering of appropriate information from different sources and via different means as appropriate (i.e. desk research, conducting interviews, organization of visibility campaigns, etc.).
- Verifying facts to ensure accuracy of information gathered using standard reference sources or as appropriate.
- Ensuring proper use of the respective corporate identities and of the common visual protocol.
- Developing and maintaining a communication network in and outside the Company (i.e. liaising with journalists, press contacts...).
- Carrying out and supporting all proofreading activities of the Unit (i.e. publications....articles...press releases...) correcting errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar, and checking readability, style and agreement with style guide and editorial policy.
- Master"s Degree, preferably in Communication or journalism, or at least 5 years" experience in a similar function.
- Excellent writing, drafting and copy-editing communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written English.
- Able to demonstrate mass- or cross-media experience.
- Sound ability to express ideas in writing clearly and be creative.
- Comprehensive knowledge of document presentation.
- Accuracy, eye for details.
- Have a good judgment to select strategic topics to write.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and ensure they are clearly communicated in a language for the non-specialists.
- Excellent time-management skills and interpersonal aptitude.
- Pro-active attitude, good organizational and team working skills, excellent human relation skills.
- Awareness of the current international and European situation.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite, including comprehensive knowledge of document presentation and Web skills.
- Our client offers a permanent Belgian contract (no freelance contract allowed) within a company that truly means an added value to European stakeholders
- You will get the chance to work into a multicultural environment in a cosy and comfortable working space enabling the employees to feel at home while having moments to concentrate or chat!
- The company employs people with responsible skills who are accountable, opened to changes, able to get information and spread the information and at least able to take decision
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment
- An attractive and competitive salary package with a lot of extra legal benefits
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENT