The purpose of the job is to support the Group MD and local General Managers as a trusted Business Partner and to be responsible for all finance & corporate related matters on the European Continent.
Our client is a leader in Europe in the fire security Industry. Each year they provide products for more than 222,000 customers through their local presence in Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, France, Germany and Luxembourg.
Their services and products are commercialised through long-established brands. The unique styling of their products makes them immediately recognisable to both the industry and customers alike.
Support the Group MD in finance management; ensuring that resources and direction of business line reporting are aligned with the targets set. Formalizing and strengthening the corporate decision implementation process within the Group; covering the strategy and budgeting processes.
Support the Group MD ensuring that the financial infrastructure is able to provide accurate and true view on the current operational performance.
Lead the internal dialog between head office and subsidiaries
Coordinate the investment and risk management processes
Active in acquisition process in continental Europe
Coordination of budget and strategic planning process focused on growth project and working capital optimization
* Management of all processes leading to optimization of profitability and cash flows
* Working on processes optimization in terms of efficiency &effectiveness
* Analyse, challenge and present the operative performance
Collaboration with Group MD to define medium and long-term business strategy
Cooperation with Group MD to execute daily operations
* Review and validation of subsidiaries level financial exposures
* Review and validate the subsidiaries level insurance programs
* Communicate financial information
* Financial analysis of actual vs budget including recommendations to the General Managers
Lead negotiations with the Banks/Auditors at European level
* Prepare material and participate in subsidiaries supervisory board meeting
* Liaison with local subsidiaries finance staff for general accounting and finance matters including timeliness and accuracy of relevant reporting
* Participate in group projects such as acquisition and disposal processes
* Provide with coaching for junior financial staff
- A pro-active person, hands-on and pragmatic approach
- Highly responsive, client service oriented
- Persistent and know to establish priorities
- Can cope with stress and pressure
- Excellent analytical skills and precise
- IT minded with good knowledge of MSOffice
- Master's degree in finance, business, applied economics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in financial role
- Coming from an audit background in a Big 4
- Exposure to an international environment
- Mandatory languages: fluent French, Dutch and English
- Knowledge of international accounting IFRS
- Communication skills: is able to present arguments and positions with clarity and conviction, bringing the message across. Engenders trust through openness and personal integrity.
- Planning & organizing skills: plan, prioritize and organize work and resources to ensure deadlines are achieved. Is well organized and resourceful
Attractive salary package in a dynamic and entrepreneurial mindset