Financial Controller / VBA expert
Our client is currently looking for a seasoned controller with strong expertise in VBA and Access to join their team.
Our client is global player of the Asset Management industry
Within a team that focuses on providing to Business Lines and Divisions (globally) various reportings (actuals vs. budgets, year-on-year variations, expenses evolution, forecasts and budgets, FTE variations,…) and to manage and monitor the cost posting policy and the financials (Transformation costs, savings & additional recurring costs), the responsibility of the Controller will be among others to:
Automation & Production:
- Development, day-to-day maintenance and optimization of the Access databases, requiring the translation of functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Initiating, controlling and monitoring production of management reports (uploading source extracts, reviewing preliminary results, developing and reviewing control reports from the various processes to ensure data integrity).
- Take ownership of the production of monthly & ad-hoc management reports, delivering high quality transparent and accurate financial information, within the defined deadline, using VBA in MS Excel, MS Access and Essbase.
- Ensure reconciliation of management accounting information with Consolidated Management Results produced by the Synthesis team and FTE data from Global HR.
- Manage, redesign and maintain Excel tools and reporting templates (including VBA) and be the point of contact for the local teams for any troubleshooting.
- Manipulate and analyse data using VBA, formulae, pivot tables and other Excel functions to provide management information.
- Monitor & report on the headcount of asset management.
- Monitor & assure data quality by performing monthly closing controls on cost centre data as submitted by the entities and providing feedback and instructions to the local finance teams.
- Analyze the expense and headcount evolutions of the BLs/Divisions; identifying, interpreting & reporting on variances against budgets, and month-on-month variations, by actively seeking solid explanations from the local/regional finance teams.
- Assist in the maintenance and potential re-design of the cost center structure.
- Be a point of contact for the Business Lines/divisions for divisional data within Finance and respond to queries from Business Lines and division heads.
- A successful applicant will have a strong track record of developing solutions in Microsoft Office Excel (using Visual Basic and inbuilt Excel functionality) and managing data with Microsoft Office Access. You are exceptionally thorough when self-reviewing your work.
- You have a master degree or equivalent by experience with a financial background
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in management reporting or controlling
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills. Knowledge of the French language is preferable.
- A high level of IT user ability, particularly advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; including complex formulae and Visual Basic programming in Excel, and Microsoft Access. Training time will be allowed for adaptation to in-house IT tools.
- Ability to think outside the box to create solutions by gathering requirements and understanding the business needs, whilst working under time pressure and managing multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to use initiative to enhance standard processes, manage workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills