Automation Support Engineer
The Automation Engineer will be a key user for MES, and a specialist of automation applications on a functional level. He will understand networks as built and gather an in depth knowledge about the production processes of the site.
He will focus on the completion of all digital implementations on his site, including device/automation integration, roll out of specific additional functionalities such as MES-Task and Instruction Module, Historian, etc. and training of local end users. He will identify optimization projects related to user knowledge, system integrations and digital process improvement. He will take care of the housekeeping of all installed automation hardware, its software, software version and license management, and the backup sequences.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Functionally supporting the local applications in the operations domain
- Transfer to the end users the necessary knowledge to use the applications
- Create documentation/procedures based on the application documentation
- Teach best practices
- Increase the capability of people to avoid issues and solve their own issues
- Act as a first line support for end users
- Act as a Key user for applications in the operations domain
- Validate new versions/updates of these applications
- Keep the project managers informed about the progress of local activities
- Be a single point of contact for IT within the organization
- Coordinate local activities between the different departments such as operations, engineering, maintenance, quality
- Attend key user sessions/trainings for all applications.
- Act as a Digital process improvement coordinator
- Analyze the as-is digital processes of the local site
- Propose and develop solutions to gaps
- Stimulate continuous improvement
- Organize training sessions
- He/she is reporting to the Asset Care Manager on an operational level but has functional line–ups with the Beops Automation Engineer.
- He/she has a master or bachelor degree in a relevant education area, or equivalent due to relevant experience.
- He/she has at least 5 years’ experience within automation (maintenance and design) and working in a production environment with production processes
- He/she has a decent knowledge of automation systems (S5, S7, Win CC, PCS7).
- He/she has a good knowledge of data management and handling, statistics and logical thinking
- He/she has strong analytical and organizational skills , driven by figures and techniques
- He/she knows and speaks Dutch, French, English
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.