R&D Manager Patisserie Mixes
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 7600 employees in 69 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,6 billion last year. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Your mission is to support the development of Puratos in patisserie mixes through the implementation of innovation and renovation projects on your product specialty.
- Applied R&D (30%)
- Be the expert on the product category in terms of formulation, recipe, process, equipment…
- Run own applied research projects based on market’s request
- Obtain technical & scientific know-how on a constant base
2. Support to countries (40%)
- Optimization of the product range
- Provide support for product development
- Support the implementation of international and local innovation and renovation projects
- Facilitate the implementation of the BU Patisserie Mixes strategy in the country, in close collaboration with the Product Manager
3. Support business development activities (20%)
- Active follow-up of the SANCOC and Business @ Risk projects WW
- Follow up the designated Large Account: yearly visit; ensure technical support is given; review the account plan; follow up main projects, attend account review
4.Help building strong local R&D teams (10%)
- Coordinate mentorship and home training programs of regional and local R&D managers
- Organize R&D seminars via Puratos University
- You have an academic degree, by preference in Bio-engineering.
- You are good in English (written and spoken) and a good knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus.
- You’re willing to travel 30% of the time.
- You have good communication, presentation, planning and organization skills.
- You have a hands-on mentality and you are able to manage different projects at the same time.
- You are able to work interdepend and as a team player.
Puratos values diversity. We're also interested in more senior profiles. 45+ are also more than welcome to apply for this position.
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.