R&D Data Science Manager
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 7600 employees in 69 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,6 billion last year. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Identify and implement solutions where R&D/technical data are leveraged to create value. Develop and promote scientific methods, processes and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data. Be the reference person for data analyses and statistics within the R&D community.
- Promote the development of Data Science within R&D and enhance a “data-driven” culture
- Define and implement best practices in data management for R&D at Group level
- Create, validate and implement innovative statistical methods and tools, and optimize them to Puratos R&D context
- Initiate and/or support data management projects in R&D and in collaboration with other departments (Production, ICT, Marketing).. Deliver high quality analysis of data including clear presentation formats, relevant conclusions and actionable recommendations
- Develop and deliver international training programs. Coach peers on data management and statistics
- Develop a strong external network for partnerships and collaborations. Represent Puratos in international professional organizations and seminars
- Master’s Degree in Applied Statistics or Data Science, with 3+ years of experience in industry or research institute
- In-depth knowledge of statistical techniques for design of experiments and statistical modelling. Competences in statistical validation of analytical methods and/or data mining are an asset
- Knowledge in food, agronomy or biology is an asset
- Good experience in computer programming with R software; knowledge of other programming languages and/or statistical software are an asset
- Languages: Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other language is an asset (French, Dutch, Spanish…)
- Mobility: willingness to travel 5-10% of the time
Puratos values diversity. We're also interested in more senior profiles. 45+ are also more than welcome to apply for this position.
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.