Lab Assistant Fermentation
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 7600 employees in 69 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,6 billion last year. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Fermentation is strategic for Puratos and employed in different product categories like sourdough, chocolate and fruit. This function has to take care of the upstream research related to fermentation technology in these categories of products. To perform upstream research related to fermentation technology for a wide range of products in close collaboration with the different Business Categories involved. To bring expertise on fermentation to the internal stakeholders concerned.
- To prepare microbiological growth media and other laboratory solutions to support microbiology laboratory testing
- To prepare, follow up and adapt the parameters of the fermentation processes
- To perform analytical and microbiological analysis on the fermentation samples
- To use molecular biotechnological tools
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities
- Be involved in research projects to bring expertise in the domain
- Data collection, interpretation, reporting and presentation of results
- Demonstrate a consistently high level of quality of work
- Utilize problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Collaborate in R&D projects across a diverse set of scientific disciplines including fermentation, analytics and computational biology to provide insights and expertise required for successful project progression
- Communicate on fermentation technology to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in Microbiology, Biology, Life Science or a related discipline
- Good knowledge of fermentation technology and microbiology
- Affinity with bakery, patisserie and chocolate
- Ability to follow research protocols with attention to details
- Strong organization and record keeping capability
- Customer centric, with a good understanding of the market needs.
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
Puratos values diversity. We're also interested in more senior profiles. 45+ are also more than welcome to apply for this position.
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.