R&D Manager Bakery MEA
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 7600 employees in 69 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,6 billion last year. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Dynamically lead the R&D of bread improvers and bread mixes in the region of Middle East & Africa.
Manage the development of new products, adaptation of existing products and creation of tailor-made products based on customer’s request within the BU Improvers and Bakery mixes.
- Support (proactive & reactive) to countries and designated large accounts
- Implement strategic & international innovations in the region and adapt them to local market needs
- Ensure the operational support required from Belgium as a sourcing unit
- Optimize the product range, develop new products, adapt/renovate existing products and create tailor-made products based on customer’s request
- Train and support the local R&D, Marketing and sales teams in our subsidiaries, regional team and agents on new techniques and skills to ensure their competence in the bakery field.
- Organize technical seminars
- Academic degree: Master’s degree in Food Technology (or similar level through experiences)
- Between 4-10 years experience in product development in the bakery industry or similar
- You are fluent in English. Any other language is a plus.
- Good understanding of the market needs with strong international networking skills
- Able to work in matrix organization and ability to create impact in a non-hierarchical setting
You are willing to travel 1 week per month to the region of Middle-East & Africa
Puratos values diversity. We're also interested in more senior profiles. 45+ are also more than welcome to apply for this position.
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company.
Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.