The paralegal specialist is a member of the Group Legal Department of Puratos and has a broad general role in overall support of the in-house lawyers. A particular focus lies on (i) legal-tech savviness, leading the legal department into the digital era, and (ii) ensuring the correctness and effectiveness of the group’s corporate housekeeping. In this context, the paralegal specialist provides support to all levels within the Group Legal and Tax department, allowing exposure to all areas of the business.
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the corporate housekeeping data in relation to the Belgian and the foreign entities.
- Drafting, reviewing and implementing the required corporate documents, with the help of outside counsel or local business partners.
- Ensuring the strategic development, implementation and fine-tuning of the IT tools relevant for the Group Legal and Tax department.
- Proposing appropriate working methods to colleagues, drafting manuals, giving trainings, coaching business partners.
- Assisting in corporate structuring processes (such as mergers and demergers, incorporation of new entities, capital increases,…).
- Ensuring responsibility for the UBO/KYC processes. Drafting declarations, intervening towards financial institutions and governmental authorities, assisting in fine-tuning company policies in light of changing legislative requirements.
- Assisting in the legal team budget preparation and coordination.
- Arranging legalisations by notaries, Ministries of foreign affairs (apostilles), and/or Embassies/Consulates
- Bachelor degree in law, insurance, accountancy or equivalent by experience
- A first experience in a legal department, preferably in an international company or law firm.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and a knowledge of Dutch and/or French. Additional language skills are a definite asset.
- Affinity with the use and optimization of legal/administrative IT tools. Proven experience in this field is a plus.
- Team-player / hands-on, business-oriented & pragmatic / flexible, self-starter, dynamic & social.
Puratos values diversity. We're also interested in more senior profiles. 45+ are also more than welcome to apply for this position.
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.