Group Safety Manager
Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 7000 employees in 68 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,5 billion in 2015. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Sr Group Safety Manager
Based in our global headquarters in Groot-Bijgaarden, you will play a key role within the Puratos organization as it will be your mission to make sure we have the right management system in place to create a safe working environment for all Puratos people, contractors and stakeholders.
Puratos has a network of over 60 sites, and the Group Safety Manager will have to continuously improve the safety mindset and performance, through the definition of a clear strategy and the functional leadership over the network of those looking after safety in the sites.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to:
- define the Safety Strategy for the Group including priorities and programs to be rolled out to improve LTIR (Lost Time Incident Rate) but also having an impact on the base of the safety pyramid, working proactively in reducing safety incidents and near misses
- develop, implement and continuously improve the safety part of the Unicorn System, to make it a framework and tool for our organization to create a safe working environment. The Safety part of the Unicorn System shall always be a benchmark against OHSAS 18001 standards.
- provide expert support to sites when needed
- make sure we have the appropriate competency and systems in all our production sites, and develop the necessary training
- lead the Group activities on Safety and fire prevention and to work together with insurance companies in order to define action plans based on the findings of the audits done, including budget for compliance (short and long term)
- act as the main contact for the Insurance Company when it comes to fire prevention and safety audits.
- give support to the organization in setting the right standards on Safety and Fire prevention when it comes to new equipment and buildings. The Group Safety Manager shall be the point of contact for other departments when it comes to best Safety and Fire prevention practices.
- maintain the Safety part in the QSHE SharePoint as the portal where all the Group Safety standards and best practices are stored. All stakeholders must be able to retrieve the latest and most up-to-date requirements, standards and best known practices. Next to this, KPI reporting shall be maintained within the SharePoint Environment.
- act as key member of the group Quality audit team. A minimum of 3 audits shall be carried out to make sure auditing skills remain on a high level.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Safety manager, including setting up a Safety Management System, preferably at multi-site level
- OHS prevention advisor level 2 (Belgium) or equivalent
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (NFPA) or equivalent
- Certified lead assessor for OHSAS 18001, with practical experience in auditing
- Knowledge of different Safety management tools, as BBS (Behaviour Based Safety)
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English. Additional languages are a pro.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
- Act within a matrix structure of Regional, Business Unit and Functional complexity.
- Frequent travel to other locations is required.