Senior Accountant (h/f) pour Air Belgium
Purpose of the job:
• To book the suppliers invoices, raise the client invoices, prepare all payments.
• To assist the Finance with accurate consolidated reporting and controls regarding the Company’s commercial undertaking.
• To assist finance and each department in the budgeting and forecasts.
• To assist finance in preparing ad hoc and standard analysis to the management.
Main activities and responsibilities:
• Approval and creation of new vendors according to the policy defined by the Company.
• Management of the invoices approval process according to the process defined by the Company.
• Verification, booking and processing of the suppliers’ invoices.
• Follow-up and reconciliation of all suppliers and customers accounts.
• Follow-up and reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts.
• Any other accounting and administrative tasks.
• Management of all suppliers’ payments (preparation, control and follow-up) according to the Company policy.
• Management of all customers’ payments (follow-up, monitoring of the deadlines and reminders).
• Payments forecast and deadlines monitoring.
• Follow-up and Management of the petty cash.
• Assistance in the preparation of the cash-flow statement.
Reporting & Analysis
• Assist the Business Finance Controller in the preparation of ad-hoc analysis for the Management, in the Monthly reporting, year-end closure and during the budgeting and forecast process.
• Assist the Business Finance Controller in the review accounting records in order to ensure correct cost allocation and liaise with the accounting service.
• Assist the external auditors in their work.
• Assist the Business Finance Controller in the Purchase Orders approval process.
• Any other duties required by the financial department.
• Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
• Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
• Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
• Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Requirements and qualifications
• Bachelor in Accounting or equivalent
• Strong financial background combined with operational experience (preferably in aviation).
• Good knowledge of accounting law and principles.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience.
• Thorough understanding of Finance processes and activities.
• Excellent communication skills in English (other EU language are advantages).
• Ability to manage multiple assignments in a multi-cultural & multi-site environment.
• Ability to prioritise and be proactive.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, stress resistant.
• Analytical skills, creative thinking, problem solving and flexibility.
• Computer literate.