Radio Communication Technician
Belgocontrol is an autonomous public company with the main mission to guarantee the safety of air navigation in the controlled civil airspace over Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, as well as at the six Belgian public airports: Brussels, Antwerp, Charleroi, Liège, Ostend & Kortrijk. Besides air traffic management & control, our company offers a variety of other services which are essential to civil aviation, such as accurate, reliable and real-time aeronautical & meteorological information. Nearly 170 technical experts, engineers & technicians manage all our communication, navigation and surveillance systems. Both staff and equipment are essential for our and our customers' activities. Over 800 staff, 300 of which are air traffic controllers, work on 6 main sites, day & night, 365 days a year.
After a rigorous in-house training, you and your colleagues will be responsible for the proper functioning of a series of systems for radio communication in aviation (transmitting and receiving equipment, trunking system, satellite reception,…) by performing preventive maintenance duties, fine-tuning and repairing them according to the highest possible quality standards (manufacturer, ICAO, Eurocontrol).
You will generally work Mondays to Fridays during the day, but every four to five weeks, you will perform an ‘on call’ service for one week, during which you may be called upon after office hours or during the weekend in case of failure of or troubles with one of the technical systems.
- You hold a graduate/bachelor degree in electronics-ICT or equivalent; knowledge of aviation is considered an asset
- You have a solid knowledge of radio technology and of IT; a basic knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN networks is considered an asset
- You speak Dutch or French, you are fluent in English and you have at least a basic knowledge of the second national language
- You hold a category B driving licence
- You are not afraid of heights
- You are flexible
- You can work autonomously and accurately and have a sense of initiative
- You are a stress-resistant team player