Senior Product Manager Payment & Cash Management
The primary objective of the Product Manager is to develop the local P&CM offering and ensure the bank is at or above market standards, thus allowing the Group to win P&CM mandates.
Our client is an prestigious Corporate Banking with a worldwide presence. The bank accompanies its clients (corporate, financial institutions and the public sector) in the whole array of financial services of an investment bank. In Brussels or Amsterdam the bank has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Manager.
1. Develop a deep understanding of the local P&CM Market
-Market watch & regulatory watch, local specificities and evaluations
2. In tight coordination with the central marketing teams, develop the P&CM offering
-Define a comprehensive short and medium-term country cash management product strategy including Global offering with other local Business Lines when relevant (trade, factoring, clearing…)
-Identify and propose local products offer development priorities to serve the Group ambitions, based on both local and global solutions
-Participate in global projects to develop new Group solutions and run local products development projects. This usually includes:
- Developing opportunity studies highlighting benefits, costs & risks
- Preparing business cases for new / enhanced products roll-out
-Define and run local marketing plans to deploy the products. This usually includes:
- Coordinating product roll out inc. working with operations / implementation teams to ensure that the product suite operates as expected (both at local & global levels)
- Assisting sales team in the product launch: creation of materials & internal documentation to ensure effective information sharing to clients and teams
- Running local trainings
- For local development, working - when relevant - with correspondent banks and other service providers to ensure reliable delivery of local solutions. This includes focus on technical integration, performance standards, reliability of service provision and cost-effectiveness.
3. Support sales efficiency
-Provide P&CM expertise product support to sales teams when required for specific clients RFPs (both at local and global levels)
-Promote domestic capabilities of the local subsidiary
-Ensure local sales teams have the required level of understanding of P&CM products andorganize/deliver relevanttrainings when required
-Support the central teams to share on local products specificities
4. Monitor P&CM products usage and reliability
-Follow key products KPIs
-Participate to local / global P&CM crisis resolution efforts when required
5. Support global initiatives and report to central marketing teams
-Share market information with local and global experts
-Contribute to global assessment of products that may affect local clients: e.g. pilots for new products, satisfaction review, etc.
This role requires previous experience with deep end-to-end understanding of Payments and Cash Management products.
It involves a high degree of autonomy in day-to-day activity. Responsibility for regular maintenance and BAU elements of product management as well as projects involving development and change. It also requires the confidence to propose new ideas, build project plans and develop excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders:
Knowledge of Transaction Banking channels (e.g. SWIFT, SEPA, local clearing)
- Good understanding of the current and future product needs of Corporate P&CM clients
- Excellent analytical and product management skills with prior project management experience
- Ability to manage and document changes to policies and procedures that arise during the client on-boarding process to improve future client experience, bank's operational and local regulatory experience
- Behavioral Competencies with a demonstrated client-centric mindset
- A team player, eager to support and learn, and can foster collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English
The client offers a competitive yearly salary with a wide range of benefits