The opportunity for a HR Manager Belgium to join the fast paced and commercially minded HR team of this company. The role will be to provide considered, commercial and timely HR generalist support.
My client is one of the leaders within the retail sector. It is important for them to embrace change and move with the times, driven by their entrepreneurial spirit. Fueled by the energy and optimistic outlook, they believe in the unity of one world where every one tunes in and connects to make truly great things happen.
The role will be to provide considered, commercial and timely HR generalist support, advice and coaching to our Belgium team (26 stores/250 team members) in line with HR policies. You are a business partner for the country manager Belgium and you will be a key player in the development of our winning teams. You will directly report to the HR Director Europe.
- Provide sound and first line advice about all kind of employee relations issues to Managers within our Belgium/ France/ Luxembourg team
- Coach managers on management skills. Able to give feedback, coach and empower them in daily practice and help them in their personal development as a leader with a strong focus on employee relations
- Manage relationship with Works council and Unions
- Set up local recruitment activities together with your recruiter and create employer brand awareness for us as an employer in Belgium
- Responsible for an effective and solid HR administration together with the external provider and HR administrative assistant
- Involved in Learning and Development process for the German Employees and implementation of European L&D Projects in the country.
- Responsible for the knowledge and execution of the performance management process throughout the country
- Involved with Internal communication
- Manage a small team of HR professionals (1 recruiter, 1 administrative assistant)
- Work closely together with the international HR team based in The Netherlands
The ideal candidate for the HR Manager position will be passionate about dealing with people and have great communication and organizational skills. Next to that you are/have:
- Graduated on Human Resources or Business Administration (Bachelor/Master)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in (Fashion) Retail is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in Belgian/ French legislation and working with unions
- Trilingual Dutch / English / French
- Able to really connect and communicate with as well managers and employees and outside parties and very strong focus on employee relations
- Able to bring structure and planning in all different kind of HR processes, administration and projects
- Coaching and personal improvement skills
- Strong team player
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and adopt a flexible attitude
The client is part of Logo International, a fashion group that owns a number of well-known wholesale and retail fashion companies, including O'Neill and Van Gils.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion for this role, then we're definitely interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply.