Logistics and Customs Specialist, with knowledge of Dangerous Goods Transportation
We are currently looking a Logistic Specialist to support the European logistic activities of the team.
- Planning, organization, tracking and coordination of shipments worldwide, in all modes, including radioactive (class 7) goods.
- Work closely with the German logistics team as back up and point of contact for the different project managers
- Willing to travel to Germany (Mannheim) occasionally, when required
- Planning and monitoring of customs clearance activities, for both inbound and outbound shipments, including export control verifications
- Issuing of transport and customs documents including ATA Carnet
- Communication with customs offices, freight forwarders, accompanying customs audits
- Support of internal projects on transport questions (Incoterms, Customs, Warehousing and Packaging) in compliance with current customs and foreign trade laws
- Support validation of transport invoices through Freight Bill Audit Payment.
- Support internal follow up on Quality Assurance of class 7 packages and containers used to be shipped. Support execution of recurring tests according to the applicable regulations (CSC, ADR).
- Support management of Obsolete Equipment‘s, in collaboration with other departments involved.
- Participate and contribute to the team meetings
- Ideally Bachelor's degree in transportation and shipping or international trade.
- Good knowledge in transportation of dangerous goods by road, sea and air. (class 7 is a plus)
- Minimum basic knowledge of customs regulations and export control
- A safety advisor/ADR certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of radiation protection is a plus
- Crane and/or forklift certification is a plus
- Language Skills: French and fluent in English. By preference German at conversation level.
- High flexibility, rigorous, team oriented, customer minded and stress resistant.
Salary and Benefits
Interested? We offer you a temp contract: 6 months extendable to 1 year, possibility for permanent position in a great company in Nivelles.
Do not hesitate to send your application with the link here under if you are our future Logistics and Customs Specialist.
See you soon, Vanessa Bourguignon.
New: apply with your mobile device via your job board resume