Junior R&D Manager Chocolate - Processes & Technologies
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 8500 employees in 74 countries, with a consolidated turnover of €1,85 billion in 2017. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Your mission is to support the growth of the Strategic Business Unit Chocolate through supporting the start-up of chocolate lines in the different sites (worldwide) as well as R&D projects related to the validation of alternative suppliers & equipment and identification of standardized production lines.
Support the start-up of new chocolate lines and capacity extensions
- Support the identification of the required production equipment, in line with the needs defined in the business plan and in collaboration with engineering
- Support the start-up of new lines through technical support to operations and R&D
- Assist in implementing the Stage & Gate process for Capex projects
- Provide technical and process expertise to the production sites
Supplier and technology validation
- Contribute to projects to validate alternative suppliers for existing equipment
- Contribute to projects to validate equipment suppliers for new technologies
- Identify the standardized production lines for the different chocolate categories and for different production capacities
- Organize and supervise the training of newcomers and experienced colleagues (R&D, engineering, operations) on processing, via personalized trainings or via the Chocolate Faculty
Process and Product Improvement
- Realize process improvement and process adaptation, in collaboration with local and regional R&D Managers and Production Managers
- Make product adaptations required for a smooth processing on line
- Support research projects with students & universities.
- Academic degree: Master in Food Science or Processing, Bio-Engineer
- Passion for chocolate
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- A background or experience in food processing or process engineering is a plus
- Languages: Dutch and English. French and Spanish are a plus.
- ICT: Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word…)
- Ready to travel up to 30% of the time, worldwide
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Enseignement / Recherche / Sciences | Industrie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Enseignement / Recherche / Sciences - général | Industrie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Recherche scientifique | Industrie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production | Industrie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Bio-ingénieur | Industrie | 2 à 5 ans d'expérience