Based in Brussels (Belgium), FIGIEFA is the European federation and political representative of the independent wholesalers and retailers of automotive replacement parts. Together with its 19 national European Member State members, it represents the interests of more than 30.000 companies trading with vehicle parts, components and accessories throughout Europe.
The aim of FIGIEFA is to safeguard a legislative environment in the EU that provides access to technical information, to the ‘connected vehicle’ and its in-vehicle data as well as to replacement parts/equipment as the basis for free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket in a rapidly changing automotive technology environment.
In order to support the activities of its office in Brussels, we are currently looking for a (m/f):
As a Technical Advisor, you manage all technical and ‘connected vehicle’ IT-related dossiers and processes in connection with FIGIEFA’s activities in the area of the automotive aftermarket.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Advise FIGIEFA in all technical and ‘connected vehicle’ IT-related matters.
- Participate in meetings (in Brussels or EU) and take responsibility for the management of technical subjects and dossiers (e.g. telematics, EC type-approval legislation).
- Support the FIGIEFA Secretariat in its information activities and meetings.
- Advise and prepare answers on upcoming questions from the EU institutions and help in the preparation of position papers.
- Liaise with FIGIEFA’s partner alliance AFCAR (Alliance for the Freedom of Car Repair in the EU).
- Communicate with FIGIEFA legal/political experts and work out common strategies, statements, papers and positions.
- Report results and work evolution on a regular basis.
- You are an experienced automotive technical expert or are experienced in vehicle-related IT technologies around the ‘connected vehicle’ (e.g. telematics and cybersecurity).
- You are, preferably, specialised in vehicle communication, vehicle design/functionality, diagnostics or contemporary and developing vehicle technologies.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills.
- You are flexible, proactive, and able to work on your own as well as in close cooperation with the FIGIEFA Secretariat.
- You are able to assess the business consequences of new legislation, automotive technologies and vehicle related services.
- You are ready to travel frequently to other European countries.
- A challenging position within a multi-national and political environment that tackles a wide range of technical issues.
- The opportunity to support and promote free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket and to safeguard a legislative environment at EU level.
- Various contacts with European and international institutions while representing the interests of FIGIEFA members.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Juridique | Autre - général | > 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Juridique - général | Autre - général | > 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Marketing / PR / Communication | Autre - général | > 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Marketing / Communication - général | Autre - général | > 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Autre | Autre - général | > 10 ans d'expérience