Logistic and Administrative Assistant - Part time 19h/week
Redu Space services (RSS) has a vacancy for a Logistic and Administrative Assistant in the Education and Knowledge Management Office, Strategy Department, Director General’s Services.
The ESA Education and Knowledge Management Office has the objective to use space as a theme to enhance the literacy of young people in science and technology and to motivate young Europeans to pursue a space related career. The Office personnel is based partially at the ESA Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) in The Netherlands, and partially at the ESA Redu Centre in Belgium.
In support of achieving its educational objectives, at the ESA Redu Centre, the Office offers:
1. In the frame of the ESA Academy, the programme for university students:
- a portfolio of training courses, in all areas of ESA’s expertise, delivered at the ESA Academy Training and Learning Centre. Training courses topics cover amongst others Space System Engineering, Product Assurance and Safety, Human Space Physiology, Spacecraft Operations and Communications, Gravity-related Research, Concurrent Design Engineering, CubeSat Design, Space Law, Technology Transfer and Innovation.
- support to hands-on space-related project opportunities; in particular CubeSat mission design, satellite assembly and tests campaigns;
2. As part of the STEM programme for primary and secondary school teachers, the e-robotics lab, a didactic laboratory, offers direct hands-on experience by using space robotics and space science as learning and teaching contexts.
Detailed information on the activities of the ESA Education Office can be found on http://www.esa.int/education.
Under the authority of the Head of the Tertiary Education Unit, the post-holder will offer logistical and administrative support to the ESA Education Office activities at ESA Redu Centre, in particular for the organisation of training courses, workshops, test campaigns and programmatic events.
Tasks will include for each event (list not exhaustive):
- provide administrative support;
- validate and pre-screen applications;
- act as the point of contact for applicants;
- liaise with event participants;
- interact with providers for the organisation of accommodation, transport, catering and social events;
- prepare training rooms and related material;
- coordinate the logistics during the event.
Applicants should have a Bachelor degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration or Operations Management with 5 years of experience. Experience in accounting and event management, is considered as an asset. In addition applicants should have:
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and to meet deadlines;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Customer oriented attitude;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to compile minutes of meetings and reports;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and should be able to work in a multi-cultural environment, both independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must be fluent in English and French, the working languages of the Agency.
If you wish to apply for this job opportunity, please submit your application letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Administration / Secrétariat | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Administration générale | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Office Management | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Assistance | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Offres | Secrétariat | Télécommunications | 5 à 10 ans d'expérience