Technical Manager – Rolling stock – Brussels (M/F)
Belgorail is an inspection, testing and certification company, part of the Certifer group since 2017, one of the world’s railway certification leaders with a global presence in 10 countries.
Specialized in the railway industry, we provide our testing, inspection, and certification services to vehicle and component manufacturers, rail operators, infrastructure managers.
Belgorail is looking for an Experienced Technical Manager in rolling stock and take over the Rolling Stock Assessment final responsibility from our Brussels office.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for day-to-day technical management of the "Rolling Stock" division. He / She will:
- Report to the Managing Director of the company
- Manage a team of 25 people (while 5 engineers/project managers will be reporting directly to you)
- Develop the working documentation and instructions, ensure a good communication with project managers and experts;
- Verify that experts and subcontractors have the necessary formal qualifications;
- Manage the production and content of technical and commercial proposals;
- Ensure that all assessment activities are consistent from a technical perspective;
- Approve the technical content of assessment reports for all projects under his/her responsibility;
- Coordinate the projects under his/her responsibility;
- Provide specific expertise in evaluation activities;
- Develop an international network in the railway sector;
- Identify new business opportunities and develop the business of the rolling stock division;
- Participate in European and/or national coordination work;
- Monitor changes in legislation and standards, both in Belgium and at European levels;
- Carry out expertise tasks;
- Engineer with experience in the rail or guided transport (metro, tramway);
- Established network in the rail industry (rolling stock manufacturer, operator, consultancy, or service provider);
- Broad understanding of the technologies and market;
- Familiar with the regulatory environment in Europe;
- Open to occasional travels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in multiple languages (English, Dutch, French);
- Open minded, factual, organized and proactive.
Directeur technique, chef de projet, matériel roulant, Managing Engineer, Technical Director, Technical Lead, rolling stock, senior engineer, railway
- Permanent contract
- Competitive salary including mobile phone, meal vouchers, pension scheme & hospitalisation, (+ family), ecocheques, flexible time-table, company bonus
- Positive & stable working atmosphere
- Flexible time-table
- Home working policy
- Company car or public transportation offered
- +/-30 days off a year
- We are located at the Central Station in Brussels
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS.
Only applications through the online application form will be considered! (You will receive a confirmation via email.) Technical issue? Contact the IT helpdesk on + 32 2 738 02 60.