Product Manager Patisserie Mixes
Are you looking for the right recipe for your career?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 7600 employees in 69 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,6 billion last year. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
The Product Manager is accountable for the business results (growth and profitability) of the BU patisserie mixes and of the assigned product category within the BU. This person is responsible to define and implement the product strategy, the management of the product life cycle of the entire product range and support of the development of the business in order to reach its objectives of growth and profitability. The Product Manager leads the development and implementation of innovation/ strategic projects in close collaboration with R&D and markets.
- Build Market intelligence for the product category on customer – competitor – consumer – company level.
- Develop the strategy for the product category, align with the Markets organization and formalize for the long term in a Long Range Plan and for the short term in the yearly budget plan.
- Follow, analyze and manage the performance of the products in terms of volume, sales and margin evolution.
- Propose, agree and roll-out corrective actions or acceleration plans with local organizations and regional direction.
- Act as Inter-departmental coordinator / facilitator between various departments (operations, marketing services, R&D, QA, QC, finance, supply chain, ...) regarding the product category.
- Manage the product portfolio and the product life cycle
- Business development support to countries
- Technical Background in Food Engineering or Bio Engineering
- Good marketing knowledge: up to date with latest development in the field of marketing
- Practical experience as product manager or brand manager, including new product development
- Project management: planning, organization, timing, budget. Able to drive projects autonomously
- Excellent internal negotiator. Having impact on local subsidiaries
- Dynamic, down to earth, hands on’ spirit, pragmatic, adaptability to B2B environment
- Willing to travel globally 1 week per month
- Fluent in English. Any other language is plus
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages staff to take initiatives and suggest ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course Puratos offers a competitive salary package but even more, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.