European Patent Paralegal
Our client is looking for a European Patent Paralegal who will contribute to the development of the Brussels Patent practice.
Our client is a leading law firm in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. With its broad spectrum of practices and its entrepreneurial spirit, our client allows its staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration in a truly international environment.
The European Patent Paralegal will contribute to the development of the Brussels Patent practice.
- Prepare and perform electronic filings, formalities, and submissions, etc.;
- Docket and manage deadlines;
- Prepare cost estimates in connection with new filings;
- Review correspondence from the European Patent Office and the World Intellectual Property Organization;
- Prepare reporting letters to clients;
- Write standard operating procedures;
- Work closely with the Foreign Filing Team on various projects and tasks as necessary.
- Fluency in English is required with a very good command of Dutch and/or French.
- At least five years of relevant experience in a law firm or in the industry. Candidates with more experience will also be considered.
- Education: minimum bachelor or equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding the European Patent Convention and Patent Cooperation Treaty is desirable.
- Familiarity with the EPO and the WIPO websites, electronic tools, and databases is a must.
- Knowledge regarding docketing systems like CPI or other deadline-monitoring systems, as well as online cost-estimator programs is preferred.
- Capacity to think strategically and to set priorities on multiple tasks
- Ability to display a positive attitude and capitalize on collaborative interactions in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (the knowledge of other languages is an asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based services
- Other minimum requirements: the ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, efficient, flexible, results-oriented, and a self-starter. The candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, and strong organizational skills. (S)he will possess the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced team environment. Occasional overtime work may be necessary
Our client offers:
- The opportunity to work in an international environment
- Exceptional grow possibilities
- A competitive salary package
- An English-speaking environment and multicultural teams