Customer Service Representative
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Voice of the Customer : primary contact for Customers, from order entry through completion of the delivery and invoicing processes.
- Process Customer orders received mainly via the webshop and emails and, to a minor extent, via other communication methods (phone, EDI, fax, etc).
- Provide timely communication and follow up to the customer on sales order status - product availability, pricing, sales promotions, shipment information, account statement - and on any other customer’s requirements (e.g. specific documents, certificates).
- Ensure Customer’s purchase order records are maintained in SAP for audit purposes.
- Work closely with Supply Planning to validate customer’s demand while considering inventory level.
- In case of shortage, handle back order situations with diligence
- Organize and coordinate shipment(s) from various locations (shipping plants/third party vendors) according to the requested ship date.
- Make sure that all order & shipment related documents are correctly issued and sent, according to customer’s requirements.
- Ensure backup in case of absence of Customer Service Representative(s).
• Customer Claim Handling
- Handle and address customer claims and escalate them according to internal processes: shipping errors, pricing, warranty, quality, transport, damage, etc
- Follow up on and coordinate Customer disputes resolution with all involved departments, using the appropriate tools
- In SAP, issue financial adjustments (credit/debit/return) in accordance to business rules and approval matrix
- Ensure Financial adjustments are properly documented in SAP for audit purposes
• Sales Partnership
- Work closely with Sales Manager(s) on Customer activity by providing and requesting regular feedback; as appropriate, propose action plan to Sales Manager.
- Monitor Customer sales metrics and analyze sales trends by pulling data from SAP-BW and/or SAP-SD
- Provide sales forecast and actuals for the current month (Early Bird).
- Support Marketing Department, Sales Managers and Customers in the administration of Sales promotions.
- Support Sales Manager in the Customer Creation process.
- Provide first level technical information and application information and convey to Technical Service Manager when necessary.
- Participate to internal or external sales meetings.
- Provide B2B training to Customers.
- Address, coordinate and follow up on Customer specific requests
- Participate to Customer Service Daily Management System (DMS), level 2 DMS, 1:1, internal and external meetings as appropriate
- Ensure effective and timely communication with internal and external customers
- Issue weekly Customer Service highlights
• Operational Excellence
- Continuously seek and propose process improvements to achieve Customer Service excellence
- Participate to CI initiatives
- Align with agreed business processes and best practice
- Ensure individual projects are completed according to defined objectives and deadlines
• Administrative tasks
- Mailbox management (Outlook)
- Requested Ship Date management – sales orders
- Support audit reviews
- Communicate the shipping schedule to Customers
- Ad hoc reports
- Update and maintain Customer’s profile (ADS)
- Bachelor/College degree.
- Preferably 1 year of experience within a similar role in a multinational environment
- Systems administration experience on an ERP system such as SAP is a distinct advantage (ideally Sales and Distribution).
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal and a good working knowledge of French. Any other language is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills: effective listener, negotiation skills, good presenter.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work autonomously
- Customer focus
- Be a natural Team Player.
- Stress resistance and flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Detail oriented.
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving approach.
- Continuous Improvement attitude.
- Committed to a premium quality service.
- Computer literacy: MS office suite (Word, good Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Customer focus.
Salary and Benefits
Our client offers you a full time job with floating hours (start between 7:30 and 9am). 6 month interim contract before permanent contract. The starting package includes a salary up to your experience and meal vouchers (7 €) and insurance package with the permanent contract.