Flow Cytometry Specialist
Caprion Biosciences, a contract research organisation with facilities in Montreal (Canada) and Gosselies (Belgium), offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical samples.
Caprion operates globally, with partners in North America, Europe and Asia, including large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Flow Cytometry Specialist for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Flow Cytometry Specialist
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Flow Cytometry Specialist will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the immune response.
Tasks include :
- Ensure that efficient and technically suitable cytometry systems and procedures are implemented in the laboratory, including instrument calibration and maintenance, flow cytometry-related SOP and forms, , maintenance contracts, , etc.;
- Ensure that flow cytometer-related procedures are properly followed by the users;
- Train, supervise and mentor laboratory personnel using the flow cytometry platform;
- Prepare the flow cytometry settings and perform data acquisition as needed;
- Support the Research Assistants for the troubleshooting of acquisitions;
- Lead the on-site implementation of multisite procedures, QC, inter-equipment qualification and proficiency testing;
- Act as a technical resource for the analysis of cytometry data;
- Provide proposals for the design of complex antibody cocktails to the scientific team;
- Write SOP and CSP as required;
- Maintain instrument-related documentation as per GLP/GCLP and regulatory requirements and guidance;
- Document and manage in a timely manner the instrument malfunctions and the deviations linked to cytometry operations;
- Interact with vendors and field service engineers;
- Participate in the preparation and conduct of client or regulatory body audits.
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a master’s degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology and a minimum of 4 years of recent and relevant cytometry experience.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of LSR and Fortessa cytometer voltage and compensation settings;
- Be proficient with flow cytometry softwares such as Diva and FlowJo.;
- Have a good knowledge of complex multiparametric panel design;
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility;
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skill;
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multi-tasking and fast-paced environment;
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes;
- Demonstrate ability to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP);
- Have a knowledge of flow cytometry proficiency programs;
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge of spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities and interesting projects.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.
Please, send your CV along with a short introduction letter via our website:
http://www.pahrtners.be/job/flow-cytometry-specialist/ or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and any information will be treated confidentially.