Senior E2E Architect
VOO is the main cable operator in Wallonia and Brussels. Thanks to the constant progress of digitization, it is now much more than analogue television: it is also digital television, broadband internet, telephony (fixed and mobile) and many other services ... The market is evolving, filled with challenges and to strengthen our teams, we are looking for a passionate collaborator to fulfill the following function in Bruxelles (m / f):
Senior E2E Architect
The Senior E2E architect is responsible for:
- The development of the technical strategy of the domain he is responsible for
- Translation of business requirements into technical requirements
- The selection and/or development of a technical solution/architecture
- That is compliant with the business and technical needs
- That takes into account the reality of the existing solution
- That takes advantage as much as possible of state-of-the-art/emerging technologies
- That is cost-efficient
Functional description - Domaines de résultats :
The function of E2E Architect includes the following responsibilities:
- Development of the technical strategy of the domain he is responsible for
- Align in a proactive way with product marketing during the project feasibility and strategy development phase
- Key contact person for all technical related matters both internally and externally towards suppliers
- Preparation of RFI/RFP documents towards suppliers based on own knowledge and expertise, combined with input gathered, analyzed and if needed, reformulated from the operational departments, which can be marketing, sales, technical etc.
- Review of the proposed solutions followed by making and presentation a recommendation for selection based on technologies used and going for a future proof approach, but while keeping in mind items as operational ease of use and impact on the existing systems.
- Assessment of the proposed solutions and presentation of a recommendation for selection based on a balanced evaluation of the performance of the proposed technologies , the future proofness of the approach, also keeping in mind operational ease of use and impact on the existing architecture and platforms.
- Once a solution has been selected, monitor and comment on all design changes
- Create and review technical design documentation
- Check whether modifications are technically valid and determine (together with the project manager) the system impact
- Liaise with subcontractors, suppliers and the applicable departments on technical & integration issues
- Check if all integration issues with the existing deployed systems have been taken into consideration
- Work with the project manager to create the detailed planning and to create and validate business case
- Support the business/process analyst to create/validate use cases/processes
- Ensuring, together with the integration manager and his team that the work performed and the solution implemented is in accordance with the Architectural Design and Specifications
- Knowledge transfer to all stakeholders
Hierarchical relationship (Scope)
- A Senior E2E Architect has no direct reports.
- A Senior E2E Architect reports to the Head of E2E (Bert)/Head of E2E Architecture (might be relevant for the vacancies still open)
- Masters Degree preferably in engineering and/or IT
- Experience in the field of telecommunication
- Experience of at least 5 years in a similar architect role
- A proven technical knowledge of systems and networks
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong analytical and communication skills both verbal and written incl. presentation skills
- Team Oriented but ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work and communicate clearly in French and English
- Eager to learn about new technologies with a passion for everything related to telecom
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies and to articulate the effect of technology on business.
- Capability of working in a stressful environment whilst being proactive and assertive
- Must possess vast experience in working collaboratively with (internal) Clients, Project & Process Managers, Marketing teams and Integration functions to ensure that proposed solutions are technically viable, appropriately designed and implemented.
Evaluation Criteria (Rentabilité/performance)
- Quality of proposed architectures/designs
- best practices
- overal technical strategy
- business needs
- Realistic from a legacy, functional and timing point of view
- Must be complete (End-to-end aspect)
- Open & Future proof
- Respect timing for architecture/design deliverables
- The implementation of the design must be possible with the budget proposed
- Ability to work together with other people in a constructive way
- If you want to join a company with many opportunities in a constantly changing industry, if you have the soul of an entrepreneur and are ready to take on this challenge, then do not hesitate to apply online. A pleasant work environment and a salary commensurate with your skills are waiting for you.
- Do not hesitate to introduce your CV on our website: http://www.voo.be/en/jobs/list/
- Your application will be treated confidentially.
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | IT / Internet | Télécommunications | Non communiqué
- Offres | Administration système | Télécommunications | Non communiqué
- Offres | Administrateur base de données | Télécommunications | Non communiqué
- Offres | ICT Engineer | Télécommunications | Non communiqué
- Offres | Informaticien | Télécommunications | Non communiqué