Project Lead in Customer Development
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics team is responsible for building data, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance. The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in Unilever are augmented with insight & recommendations wherever possible.
There are five major themes to the Information and Analytics strategy:
- Deliver Intelligent systems at scale. Powering Business (cross functional) and Customer Development area through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future looking decisions leveraging Big Data & Data Science
- Winning disproportionately in Markets. We believe that the best way to move the needle for Unilever in Analytics is to work with leading geographies to create analytics products that make a significant impact on our business
- Drive Unilever to assisted and predictive decision-making. The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (AI/Cognitive Computing/Machine Learning) unlocking the insights from vast deluge of consumer, customer & internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams.
- Make data a true asset. Better data and data science access for every part of Unilever
- World-class Information: One Version of the Facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on Big Bets, Strategic Initiatives and Leadership team reporting
This is an exciting role, which is tasked to deliver maximum value from data to drive business and organization performance.
The CD excellence team helps markets win with data, data science, and analytics in a way that leverages the close engagement/ relationship with CCBTs (Country Category Business Teams) and CD (Customer Development) leadership with a data science and near- term business problems.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Owns the delivery of the CD Excellence analytics and data plan for the market, including landing of existing analytic products (including change management plan), co-creation of analytic innovations, and acquisition of new data that is market specific.
- Partners with CD teams & Finance to align to top analytics and data priorities for the market; ensures funding sufficiency from the market and / or ITIB.
- Works with Field operations & SD teams to identify market wide business issues. Translates requirements to and insights from the in-market data scientist team needed to address these opportunities.
- Management of the CD excellence team (3 persons)
Specifically, this role will focus on working on business issue coming from CCBTs and CD leadership. It will help identify common themes amongst CCBTs to build repeatable models against (e.g. improving pricing execution ….) and partner with CD leadership to support 6P growth from retailer data, land global CD2020 programs requiring data and analytics.
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You’re a born leader: Serve as the trusted data and analytics consultant for CCBTs and key CD leaders who provides products-solutions that rapidly solve for business issues
- You’re a strategy guru: Delivery of the total joint business plan priorities between ETS I&A and the market General Manager / CD leader
- You’re a teacher: Ensure the career development of the in-market data scientist team
- You’re a changemaker: Development of the annual analytic and data market plan with funding sufficiency from the market
- You’re an innovator: Accountable for innovating at least 1-2 new data and analytic methodologies driven by local needs which feed into I&A’s global product pipeline
- You’re a culture & change champion: Own the change management (ways of working in the market – partnering with HR, CCBT and CD leaders) required to ensure landing of I&A products
- You have an excellent knowledge of French and/or Dutch and a very good knowledge of English
EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE
- M.B.A. in a relevant field (Business Analytics, Operations Research), or M.S. in a relevant technical field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics)
- Strong track record of working with business leadership (SD, CCD, Finance Director) to drive definition, alignment, and support for application of analytics and data to address complex business issues (e.g. centralization of promotion spending decisions)
- Ability to drive & develop teams
- Ability to manage Third part
- Ability to rapidly connect + match analytics and data products to business needs
- Expert knowledge in statistics
- Working knowledge of an analysis tool such as Microsoft PowerBI, and Tableau -
- Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA and competitive market
- Ability to apply an agile analytic approach
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to communication with other departments