HUB OPERATIONS MANAGERS NIGHT
Purpose of the job:
To co-ordinate, plan and manage the operational activities of a Hub operational department with the objective to be the fastest and most reliable sorting centre in order to achieve sort-end and missed connections objectives and minimize the number of outbound delays by achieving line closures targets. (DOTPC delivered on time and in perfect conditions). To fully and actively contribute to the good performance of the Control Room, a single Command and Control Centre, which strives to streamline all operational processes, 24/7, at different levels such as flow control, sort control and data management
- To ensure a safe working environment and give the required / agreed quality to the Hub customers.
- To ensure mid- and short term planning and the organization and co-ordination of the allocated zone / hub activities.
- To ensure compliance with all legal and corporate regulation (IATA, ADR, …)
- To control operating costs.
- Manage his area of responsibility in accordance with the guidelines defined in the general management procedure.
- To create an environment in which new ideas and alternatives are encouraged to ensure continuous improvement in the current way of working.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of 100 to 200 workers and provide the necessary coaching and support.
- Endure an adequate planning of resources with established time-period visibility.
- Ensure adequate resources in terms of material and equipment and optimal utilization of resources
- Agree in conjunction with the Operations Director the headcount budget for his department.
- Prepare and follow up the departmental budget (resources planning according to the objectives and necessary corrective actions).
- Give operational objectives to each direct report in order to achieve department objectives
- Ensure that all staff in the Hub are equipped, trained, qualified, motivated, developed and empowered to provide optimal service levels and the fastest and most reliable sorting.
- Ensure an effective communication within the team and maintain the partnership and dialogue climate
- Stimulate a good communication to all people in the hub/ramp in order to increase employees’ morale.
- Maintain a consistent approach in the dialogue with our social partners in order to avoid social conflicts.
- Make a precise reporting to the management: advice, recommendation.
- Ensure an adequate reporting and communication of all operational KPI’s in order to establish full visibility and accountability in the Operations.
- Develop ongoing dialogue with OCC, ICC, Hub, Ramp, Customs Administration, RMC and countries in order to ensure that the ambitions of the company are achieved.
- Ensure consistency and objectivity in the assessment and promotion of people in order to create a correct and fair work environment.
- Ensure that all team leaders have meaningful, smart and achievable targets linked to the KPI’s (fastest, most reliable, excellent organization and competitive costs).
- Ensure that the ISO standards are imbedded in the operations and maintained to the required levels by installing the right disciplines within the department under your control.
- Perform daily physical checks of operations (Pre-ops, during ops, post-ops)
- Control costs in order to achieve maximum cost efficiency by closely following up over and extra hours and by analyzing and improving productivity levels.
- Ensure a daily monitoring of KPIs, in line with the objectives of the operations.
- Make the best possible decision to ensure a safe, fastest and most reliable operation.
- Analyze the indicators; the daily / weekly / monthly results.
- Coordinate the operations in his working area and make the corrective decisions to respect the imperatives and the priorities.
- Analyze the recommendations in Health and Safety to verify their adequacy with regard to the objectives as well as the financial impact.
- Develop improvement actions to optimize the operations.
- Support and drive the Quality Change Program in his area.
- Create an environment in which new ideas and alternatives are encouraged to ensure continuous improvement in the current way of working.
- Optimize knowledge development and transfer within and beyond the department.
- Create the best flows conditions to allow delivery on times and in terms of quality
Corporate Responsibility & Health & Safety
- Comply with local, national legislation and the company's corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within TNT Express management systems and directly support line management in effectively implementing these management systems
- Implement management systems, for CR, H&S, and environmental standards. Promote corporate values.
- Communicate hazards and risks to their workers
- Make sure their workers act safely
- Communicate H&S procedures and instructions and make sure it's well understood and applied Self behaviour
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
Adverse working conditions
- For Night operations
- Flexible approach to work is required
- Operations during the bank holidays and the weekends as well (+/- 2 Sundays per month)
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Master or Bachelor, or equivalent by experience
- 3 –5 years experience in a managerial position in a service environment (operations, logistic, people management).
- Good knowledge of TNT operations in Hub and countries.
- Good knowledge of social and legal rules in Belgium.
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- People manager and team player.
- Perfectly bilingual French/ English, any other language is an asset.
- Computer literate PC skilled (MS Office, TNT systems,...)
- Analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly developed business reporting skills.
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to transfer knowledge.
- Ability to coach, motivate and direct teams.
- Verbal Communication;
- Planning & Organizing;
- Assertiveness ;
Type of contract:
ISG 17 – Permanent Contract – Full time – Night shift
How to apply:
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your CV and your application letter mentioning the
Reference Code of the job you apply for. Please note that only complete applications will be
taken into consideration.
Postulez à l’offre: HUB OPERATIONS MANAGERS NIGHT
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Logistique / Transport | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Logistique et administration des transports | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Project Manager | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Supply Chain Manager | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Transport aérien | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué