Area Manager Wallonia - Discount Store Chain (food retail)
Area Management - Food Retail
Our client is a well-known discount store chain.
As Area Manager :
- You implement the commercial plan and marketing actions your region (9 supermarkets).
- You will be the single point of contact for your network and you report to the General Manager.
- You'll be responsible for leading the store management teams to drive sales and profitability, while developing the professional abilities of unit management staff.
- You will be also responsible for ensuring the proper implementation and effective application of all operational standards including order accuracy, speed of service, product quality, cleanliness and client satisfaction.
- Ensure effective Inventory and warehouse management in the territory (order management, stock consolidation, movement and transfer, optimum stock utilization, stock return and shrinkage)
- Review and analyze stock and sales reports monitoring over and under stocks, implementing corrective action to be taken
- Review and effectively deal with fast/ slow lines, new ranges and end of ranges and implement necessary action
- You are able to benchmark the market by monitoring the competition (Provide monthly feedback on competitor and event activities ; Suggest improvements based on benchmark practices)
- Understand territory dynamics (demographics, consumer behavior, market understanding,…)
Our ideal candidate will have a great attitude and customer oriented personality. Qualifications include:
- Academic degree and proven experience as District Manager (food retail) or Hypermarket Director or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken) ; Dutch is an asset
- Strong commercial skills, you master all the negotiation aspects
- Flexible (available to work on Saturday and one Sunday per month)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage operations in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You enjoy working with people and most importantly the ability to federate "your team"
- You show perseverance and conviction
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills
- Solid analytical skills
- You master Microsoft office (Word, PP, Excel, Outlook)
You may enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary in line with your level of experience, bonus, and benefit package including a company car.
- The opportunity to oversee and develop stores in a growing group