Senior Research Engineer M/W
1 jour restant
- Temps de travail
- Temps plein
Do you are an experienced research engineer in VISO?
Our customer, leader in ceramics and refractories is seeking multiple experienced R&D Engineers to join the future refractory research centre near Mons.
The Flow Control Research team is looking for Research Engineers to support fundamental and product development R&D efforts. These positions will lead new product or process development projects targeted to grow the Flow Control business globally. The team also develops fundamental understanding of process influences on product performance and product failure mechanisms. The successful candidate must apply material science concepts and new ideas to develop new technologies for future product development.
Key Result Areas:
- Leads new product development projects to provide improved product performance or value
- Designs and carries out experiments in support of new product development projects
- Designs and carries out experiments to increase fundamental understanding of products and processes
- Identifies and implements improvements in R&D tests, processes and equipment to yield a safer working environment and better quality R&D results
- Collaborates with internal colleagues and external scientists and monitors technology advances in literature, conferences and trade shows
- Master's or Ph.D Degree in Materials or Ceramic Science/Engineering or related field, Bachelor's Degree in those field if experience in materials science R&D exceeds requirement
- Minimum 2-4 years materials research or new product/process development experience is required, ideally in an industrial R&D setting. Candidates with more experience will be considered for more senior roles on the engineering career ladder.
- Candidate should have minimum 2-4 years hands-on experience at least two of the following areas: Ceramics or related materials (Refractories, Composites, Refractory metals, Carbon), Advanced material processing and links with microstructure and properties, Steel continuous casting, Thermodynamic modelling of high temperature systems, Finite element modelling (FEA, DEM, etc.), Project management
- Significant knowledge of applied materials science and engineering for high temperature structural applications is required. Capable of getting rapidly up to speed in refractory materials (if not already proficient).
- Logical and methodical. An adept of the "scientific" approach to problem solving"
- Analytical: good problem solving skills, able to make complex decisions
- Knowledge in the following subject areas is desirable as well: Thermodynamic simulation, Thermomechanical modelling, Project management processes
- Self-motivated, organized, focused, sense of priorities
- An interest in teamwork and possibly managing a small team
- Fluent English as a working language. International culture. French language is a plus.
- Able to present technical subjects to non-technical audience
Salary and Benefits
These positions offer the opportunity to work in a global organization which values creativity, collaboration and diversity.
We offer you a permanent contract.
Do you are ready to travel +-20% of the time (10 weeks/year for periods of 2 to 3 weeks)? You are available for a new challenge?
Interested? Apply online!
New: apply with your mobile device via your job board resume