Lab Manager H/F
Are you looking for a new challenge in a plastic producing company? Do you have experience in lab management? ...and you are an expert in R&D applied to polymer business and in the development of retardant system or compounding of plastics, extrusion, wire and cable, cross-linking of polyolefin, TPU or rubber?
Our customer develops innovative products and solutions for the Wire & Cable market, mainly halogen-free polymer compounds. This company is looking for a experienced Lab Manager M/W for Louvain-la-Neuve.
The Lab Manager plans and manages development projects, people, partners and machines used for this.
Lead the laboratory to achieve project goals in record time and autonomy:
- Responsible for project communication to both the project team and management.
- Keep the budget.
- Scheduling and execution: Generates a project plan that meets business objectives while maximizing resource efficiency, organize, structure, plan… stick to the commitments without any delay.
- Provide technical and team leadership to the teams (6 R&D Project Leaders/ Lab Technicians), manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule, contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently.
- Equipment management: calibration, maintenance, updates.
- Select in an efficient way ( time/cost) external partners to work with when no facilities on site: Universities, External Labs.
- Do you have a Master's Degree in engineering / Industrial engineering?
- Are you experienced in R&D applied to polymer business and in the development of retardant system or compounding of plastics, extrusion, wire and cable, cross-linking of polyolefin, TPU or rubber?
- Do you have an experience in Lab Management for a startup of you are able to adapt to a startup mentality?
- Are you a real people Manager: secured skills of each of the people and flexibility, management is first coaching lead with respect? …but not being the best friend.
- Do you have strong skills in learning fast, listening with a high degree of Enthusiasm?
- Are you entrepreneurial and do you have the necessary maturity to negotiate at various levels, while always being result-oriented?
- Are you a passionate team player who wishes to become an expert in your specialized field?
- Are you well organized, structured, accurate & communicative, flexible, and you are willing to invest in the future?
- Are you a problem solver?
- Do you analyze information and even more go beyond the topic?
- Are you fluent in English and in French?
Salary and Benefits
Interested by this great opportunity in Lab Management?
See you soon.
New: apply with your mobile device via your job board resume