SENIOR OPS MANAGER RAMP
Purpose of the job:
On a short and mid-term manage, coordinate, plan and control all Day/ Night operations
activities in order to deliver a service executed in conformity with defined standards of
Quality, Costs, Delays, Environmental and Health & Safety and TNT internal values &
- Manage his area of responsibility in accordance with the guidelines defined in the general management procedure.
Business Plan, Strategy and Objectives
- Elaboration and handling of the financial needs of his scope area and determine the
necessary requirements in terms of people and equipment, ensure the foreseen costs are respected, take corrective actions when necessary.
- Elaboration of clear and sustainable KPI’s while developing team spirit and motivation in
order to give management objective elements of appreciation.
- Ensure the welcome of all staff in order to have all workers aware of his role and of the
- Coordinate development and the training activities of his staff in order to enable the
workers to achieve the fixed objectives.
- Maintain an appropriate level of leadership with the workers representatives.
- Ensure development and performance of the hierarchy of his team to promote an accurate efficiency and comply with the mid-term objectives of the company.
- Ensure that operation’s instructions are known and understood by all.
- Develop a continuous dialogue with OCC/RMC/SQA/HCC/Maintenance in order to
reach the ambitions of the company, act as a team-player.
- Enable effective internal communication toward all the staff.
- Costs control toward budgets in order to ensure good use of resources.
- Ensure respect of applicable rules.
- Ensure respect of collective convention & agreements relative to recruitment, promotion
and disciplinary process.
- Ensure H&S procedures and instructions are respected as well as working procedures and methods in order to ensure operational consistency in a secure environment.
- Establish operational priorities, transform them into instructions and ensure they are
- Arbitrate and take decisions about allocation and balancing of resources between
different departments (RAMP – Ai Infeed/Outfeed – Mezzanine 1 & 2 – Road & Special
Process) in order to ensure best productivity and performance in respect of security, time
and quality criteria defined by the company.
- Analyze the indicators; the daily / weekly / monthly results.
- Coordinate the operations in his working area and make the corrective decisions to respect the imperatives and the priorities.
- Analyze the recommendations in Health and Safety to verify their adequacy with regard to the objectives as well as the financial impact.
- Lead and execute analysis of the relevant causes following accidents.
- Propose and implement corrective measures when needed in order to preserve the service and respecting imposed budget.
- Create an environment promoting new ideas and alternatives (eg levelling up ideas and
propositions coming from execution workers) in order to guarantee the continuous
improvement of our operational standards.
- Supervise workgroup, implement the decided improvements, supervise the progression
and assure new rules and procedure are fulfilled.
Corporate Responsibility & Health & Safety
- Comply with local, national legislation and the company's corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within TNT Express management systems and directly support line management in effectively implementing these management systems
- Is directly responsible for reducing work accidents in all area’s of the activity.
- Communicate hazards and risks to their workers.
- Make sure their workers act safely.
- Implement management systems, for CR, H&S, and environmental standards. Promote
- Communicate H&S procedures and instructions and make sure it's well understood and
- Take part in the H&S committee and ensure each decision is implemented in an effective
- In cooperation with the H&S department, implement preventive and corrective
investigations that lead to improvement ideas and establish an action plan to support
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good
relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
Adverse working conditions
- For Night operations.
- Flexible approach to work is required.
- Operations during the bank holidays and the weekends as well (+/- 2 Sundays per month).
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Master or Bachelor, or equivalent by experience
- 5 to 8 years people management experience, preferably in a service environment
(complex environment and diversity of jobs).
- Very good knowledge of social legislation applicable in Belgium.
- Good knowledge of various legislation related to transit of goods at an international
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- People manager and team player.
- Perfectly bilingual French/ English, any other language is an asset.
- Computer literate PC skilled (MS Office, TNT systems,...)
- Analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly developed business reporting skills.
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to transfer knowledge.
- Ability to surround, coach, motivate and direct teams.
- Verbal Communication;
- Planning & Organizing;
- Assertiveness ;
Type of contract:
ISG 19 – Permanent Contract – Full time
How to apply:
Please send to email@example.com your CV and your application letter mentioning the
Reference Code of the job you apply for. Please note that only complete applications will be
taken into consideration.
Postulez à l’offre: SENIOR OPS MANAGER RAMP
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Offres | Logistique / Transport | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Logistique et administration des transports | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Project Manager | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Supply Chain Manager | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué
- Offres | Transport aérien | Trafic aérien | Non communiqué