Global Packaging Innovation Site Manager
That's XPE. For one of our clients we are looking for: Global Packaging Innovation Site Manager Organisation description:
GITEC is AB InBev's Global Research & Development Center, located in its own secure facility at AB InBev's Global Headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. Within, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists and specialists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC's Dream: bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies. Of course, the intense R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC's employees collaborate with multiple partners across the globe to tap relevant expertise and help AB InBev deliver and develop new raw and packaging materials, brew new and innovative products, and deliver them to the consumer in sharply-designed packaging. We dream big. We look to the future, not the past. We hire people that can be better than ourselves.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Our client is the leading global brewer and one of the world's top five consumer products companies and is looking for someone like you, should you wish to join a company with a great culture, focusing on the future and on its people.Job description:
Your goal will be:
- Responsible for leading a new-to-the-world industrial production site, involving a new process in decorating glass bottles.
- Manage projects at up to 5M Euro within budget, quality and program (packaging).
- Manage cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams, including discussion with supplier companies.
- Manage a direct onsite team with Technicians and Engineers - Manages people, leads shift handover meeting, work scheduled, training needs, employee relationships, individual performance, one to one sessions, coaching, innovation programs and team motivation.
- Manage the production site as a small independent company with full budgetary responsibility and internal customer focused.
- Manage specifications and tendering process up to technical equalization for further development of the site in the direction of production, maintenance, logistics & site infrastructure.
- Lead the scale-up development of new learnings/processes captured at our test facilities and introduce them with excellence at the production site.
- Create a network of internal and external support. Detailed awareness of what is possible where and how knowledge and assets can be leveraged to accelerate the needs at the site.
- Manage Quality control of the site & incoming/outgoing products.
- Takes ownership for balancing constant search for new improved ways of working, together with sustained implementation of agreed ways of working.
- Ensures effective communication and co-ordination with the several stakeholders up to VP level.
- Lead the creation of packaging production schedules based on the internal customer needs, & adheres to them to meet quality and demand needs and to optimize manpower operation.
- Ensures performance meets daily, weekly and monthly KPI's (e.g. plan attainment, losses, GLY, OEE, LEF, Productivity, energy, utilities etc.) and attend departmental meetings as per MCRS to report corrective actions.
- Actively seeks feedback and monitors progress against plans.
- Carries out trouble shooting with your technical team to issue root cause correction, identifies and executes proper process adjustments when required.
- Actively and consistently adopts structured target setting and performance management processes.
- Constantly drives to ensure responsibility and accountability within the day to day operations of team.
- Walks the floor, leads by example, positively challenge under-performance, reinforce good behaviors.
- Motivates team to work collaboratively, celebrating successes.
- Manages shift rotations, including managing absent employees, to ensure flexibility and skill balance within the team to meet current and future needs of business.
- Takes ownership for performance management and compliance with site procedures.
Your tasks will contain:
- Promotes safe working practices and addresses safety concerns and incidents within the department in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with all company and legal obligations.
- Accountable for signing off the creation of SOP's.
- Takes ownership for adherence to processes and SLA's within area e.g. Order Management, Planning & Scheduling, Warehouse, Transportation, Customs & Excise.
- Complies and Manages team's compliance to ES, quality and HACCP standards.
- Improves energy / utilities consumption performance and shares accountability of the maintenance and utility costs across the department.
- Lead improvement capex & scale-up projects as required.
- Ensure cost optimization across all the site.
University degree in Engineering or Material Science-related field.
2+ years of strong FMGC experience in packaging & site/department management.
1+ years of solid technical experience.
Managerial experience required.
Technical contributor with proven experience and track record of delivering results.
Competences & Skills:
Highly motivated, self-starter capable of defining priorities in a complex landscape.
Effective communicator to senior management and across various stakeholder groups.
Proven ability to impact and influence to drive an envisioned strategy forward.
Familiar with DOE (Design of Experiment) or Six Sigma (Black Belt, Green Belt, etc.) methodology.
Experience and passion for front end innovation with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Strength in managing, coaching and motivating cross functional teams to deliver exceptional results.
Strong communication, English and Dutch speaking and writing skills.
Strong platform and project management skills.
You will have the opportunity to join a highly creative and innovative company, in a role including some challenges and variety, along with a very interesting salary package.
XPE Personnel Services NV/SA: Flanders: VG15/BU, Brussels: B-AA5.031, Wallonia: W.RS.002/W.INT.002 XPE Group NV/SA : Flanders: VG1834/B, Brussels: B-AA11.007, Wallonia: W.RS.713