Offre d'emploi : Continuous Improvement Engineer (30% international)
Exciting role as international Continuous Improvement Engineer!
Our client is Europe's largest manufacturer of printed folding cartons.
With a turnover of 260 Million Euro, 1600 people in 10 converting plants spread over 7 countries, they create brand value through outstanding packaging solutions to achieve their customers' business objectives.
- leads, facilitates, coordinates and implements continuous improvement (CI) projects to optimize performance and workflow efficiency in the operational processes
- works closely with operators, shift leaders and department managers to find sustainable solutions for problems
- translates the vision of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing into tangible improved work practices and knows how to enroll and anchor those in the factories
- drafts and trains standard operating procedures and work instructions
- grows into an expert role for the manufacturing related business processes; can connect the dots of the total value chain
- develops and maintains relevant operational KPI's
- reports to the Director Excellence & QSHE
- master's degree in an engineering discipline
- minimum 5 years of work experience within an international manufacturing company with a strong CI culture; preferably in a highly automated/robotized environment
- has a sound knowledge of operational excellence methodologies; lean manufacturing, Kaizen, project management, 5S, visual management, SMED, OEE, ...
- has a good understanding of operational business processes and its supporting IT systems; ERP, MES/MOM, BI, ...
- likes to dive into the details of a process to understand the root causes of problems and to implement sustainable improvement actions
- being certified as Six Sigma green or blackbelt is a plus
- finds a good balance in being on the factory shopfloor and performing the required office desk work
- ability to multi-task or to focus on detailed problems
- good analytical and problem-solving mindset
- excellent cross-functional communication + presenting skills and ability to interact with all levels in the company
- flexible mindset capable to deal with ambiguity and to respond energetically and enthusiastically to changes
- fluent in English and Dutch, French or German is a plus
- 20-30% travel within Europe
- an attractive and challenging group function in a dynamic environment within an international growing company
- competitive salary
- fringe benefits; company car, meal vouchers, insurance coverage (medical and retirement plan), ...
The recruitment is exclusively handled by Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing.
For more information, you can contact Wim Schryvers on